Lightweight folding sa stock?

cohunt

What are the options for lightweight rem700 sa stocks (dbm-aics) out there?

Can yall list the name/weight/price and opinions so I can compare?

Prefer ar grip/stock compatible with arca fore end

Last edited:
I have some weights but it's kinda hard to compare as some weights are without stocks/grips, some are total weights--- please update, correct and add to my list as you can--- thanks

XLR E 4.0 alum : 22-28 oz @ $375 ( no stock)
Mag: 16-20oz @ $575 (no stock)
XLR atom alum : 19-21 oz @ $370(no stock)
Mag: 14-16 oz @ 570(no stock)
MDT LSS 22-26 oz @ $429(no stock)
MDT hnt26 : 31 oz @ $1599
Pork sword with 4 slot forend and folding stock option : 24-26 oz @ $825( if this was able to use a std buffer tube type stock you could drop 1/2 the stock weight
Mpa ba ul - 48 oz- $925

What else is out there?

Last edited:
I am starting a build with the MDT HNT26. Mine will be a long action. After a good bit of research this chassis fit my goals the best. What I prefer about it to others is the front being CF keeps the balance to the rear more so with the folder and spacers added. This will do a good job offsetting the barrel weight even that of a CF wrap. Should have a neutral balance at the magwell with the butt stock having a bit of weight. I do not like a rifle with a very light buttock as it makes it twitchy for me when I am making the final aim adj. I also like the built-in arca rail as I am finally going to give shooting off a tripod a go.

There is also a inexpensive piece /kit to allow bedding the recoil lug. Also over on the Rokslide a couple owners found the correct limbsaver recoil pad to fit it which from all accounts is superior.

The MDT is a premium chassis with the price associated with it. There are certainly less expensive options. The other one I considered was the MPA BA Ultra Lite. I felt the folding mechanism innthe MDT more refined and the butt stock was made ultra light vs the forearm. The plus is the forearm is intergal to the chassis vs bolt on. Lots of cessories to tune it to your needs. More color options as well. A serious cost savings topping out at $1k.

Mine will be running a Bat Vesper LA, 22" Bartlein 7tw chambered 6.5Max spec to specifically shoot 135 SBD2 Badlands, 125 HHT & Hammers, and 156 EOL.

I am not looking for an extreme ultralight but want the compactness and right around 8.5lbs with scope & sling, ready to hunt.

Last edited:
Just built a 300WM/6.5CM (Proof carbon fiber barrels) with the MDT HNT26 folding stock, Zermatt long action. NO reaming required; fit is perfect. Very happy.
Just remember, you start hanging stuff on it and your weight savings go out the door…

XLR has a weight calculator where you can configure your chassis of choice with whatever buttstock and with/without folder option. Element Mg in short action with carbon grip, & folder carbon buttstock = 29.1oz

What are the options for lightweight rem700 sa stocks (dbm-aics) out there?

Can yall list the name/weight/price and opinions so I can compare?

Prefer ar grip/stock compatible with arca fore end
Xlr magnesium 4.0
Mdt hntr
Mpa

I have the xlr 4.0 mag. Excellent chassis system.

Your two best lightweight options you are gonna hear about. There are others, compare the total weights of your build.

XLR 4.0 Magnesium
Go to XLR website and they have a build weight calculator spreadsheet lets you see your options and adds weights as you choose. Then add up the price in your shopping cart. If you don't get the carbon fiber buttstock, the weight jumps up pretty quick.

MDT Hnt26
Compare the weight and price to the above XLR on your choice of configuration. If possible, find someone in your area with one that you can fondle and shoulder.

I have both.
Hnt26 is adjustable but what you buy is what you get. But it fits me so not an issue.
XLR is configurable and modular. Hnt26 is simpler and less stuff to come loose. XLR can be set up for a child all the way out to a long arm gorilla.
Hnt26 is "warmer" in cold weather, your hands are touching carbon fiber. XLR magnesium gets pretty cold on your skin. Not really an issue so much where I hunt and shoot.
Hnt26 is expensive. XLR adds up pretty quick when you add in the other parts of the build.
Lightweight is expensive.

^^The Hnt26 also has some screws that attach the forearm barrel cover. They are extremely easy to strip out the threads.
Just another pro/con to add to the list.
Just my impressions of these two. I don't have any personal experience with the other options being discussed.

The button on the folder for the HNT26 mars the magnesium if it is not fully depressed when unfolding or otherwise gets torqued in the folded position. ARCA rail isn't that secure, if I were buying another I would go for the MLOK version and then get a Sawtooth rail for it. Not sure what MDT was thinking with the grip too, it is designed for extra terrestrials. Cool concept, but I ended up ditching mine.
20240115_174858.jpg

20230914_141344.jpg