Leupold Scope Warranty Service

Same here, I’ve used Leupold scopes for 44 years now. During this time I have hunted through out North America including Alaska and much of Canada, Europe and Africa. I’ve never had one fail or lose zero including slips and falls and even my horse sliding over my scabbarded
Stone sheep with rifle.jpeg
rifle when he slipped on a muddy British Columbia mountain side. I killed a Stones Sheep with it the next day at 320 yards.

I have to admit, in nearly four decades of using Leupold scopes, I have yet to send one back for repair. The closest was 2003, when I used my son's .30-06. It was a muddy mess, and I slipped and fell. I put a dent in the bell of the scope. I cleaned the scope and ended up harvesting a muley doe at 200Y. I asked my son if I should send it for repair, and he said no; it adds character. He still has the VX-II today and has harvested many games to date.
I have seen some of the older pre dial ones take some horrendous hits and maintain zero. No experience with any that dial

Well... I had a VX-5HD that went wacky so sent it to Leupold for repair.
They immediately sent back an RMA number to return for repair.
Upon arrival I received an email saying expect 8 weeks for the repair or reply.

Not throwing rocks!... Understand this!...I'm completely OK with that if they repair or replace it since it's not needed for some time and I know Leupold will stand behind their product!

Anyhow... I'm wandering what your service times have been with Leupold.
I have a couple of friends who have sent scopes back and had communication with Leupold CS or returned within 2 weeks.
I guess times have changed with everything and this should come as no surprise.

Just curious...
Thanks
We had a VX3 HD die on us, bought two the first ones still perfect. Three days later the agent replaced the dud with a brand new scope, can't complain about that.

Well... I had a VX-5HD that went wacky so sent it to Leupold for repair.
They immediately sent back an RMA number to return for repair.
Upon arrival I received an email saying expect 8 weeks for the repair or reply.

Not throwing rocks!... Understand this!...I'm completely OK with that if they repair or replace it since it's not needed for some time and I know Leupold will stand behind their product!

Anyhow... I'm wandering what your service times have been with Leupold.
I have a couple of friends who have sent scopes back and had communication with Leupold CS or returned within 2 weeks.
I guess times have changed with everything and this should come as no surprise.

Just curious...
Thanks
I've sent several scopes to Leupold for repairs or service. They have All been returned earlier than the "standard" time estimate. Just consider that as a worst case estimate.

That is true, I have two of the 4-16 SHVs but I don’t like them as well as a Leupold VX5 3-15 or VX6 3-18 scopes I also have. Of course this is subjective but for my purposes which is hunting the mountains of the west, I prefer the lighter weight and better eye box of the Leupolds and so far they have tracked the same and returned to zero the same. I also have several NXT and ATACR scopes and prefer the ARACR for competition or the target range on my heavy target rifles. But still choose the Leupolds for mountain hunting.
Here is a three shot group I shot this weekend at 500 meters, 548 yards with my Weatherby MKV TLR 30-378. I purposely dialed 1/2 MOA low and used the hanger as an aiming point and doped the wind by holding off left or right as required for the changing wind. This was with a Leupold MK5 HD 3-15X44 with the Thompson Long Range Reticle but dialing rather than using the reticle. The first shot was from a cold fouled bore held off for where I know this rifle shoots its cold bore shot. The next two were held as normal.

Attachments

• IMG_2592.jpeg
    IMG_2592.jpeg
    734.1 KB · Views: 17
  • image_cropper_47A24AEF-B781-4412-BC01-A23C2E4A9E2A-84993-000012DEB9F11B14.jpeg
    image_cropper_47A24AEF-B781-4412-BC01-A23C2E4A9E2A-84993-000012DEB9F11B14.jpeg
    142.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2594.jpeg
    IMG_2594.jpeg
    31.6 KB · Views: 16
Leupolds are on all my better rifles, crystal clear and steady zeros. Never had a problem with any I purchased. I did have a VX3 given to me that had a cracked tube bent pretty bad. Never knew how it happened. Sent it to Leupold, they repaired it no charge while I paid $45 for the new tube.

Took a tumble down a 15 foot creek embankment while on a "gopher" hunt in Montana last month. I had a pair of older Leupold Windriver binocs around my neck at the time. Besides knocking myself out and getting all banged up, I broke the ocular lens on the binocs. Sent them back to Leupold for repair and just got word that they are replacing them at no charge. They also said it would take about 6 weeks for the replacement. I can't complain. It was my fault and they stepped up.