Lead Poisoning

It might be over-sensationalized, but can we say it's all BS without offering our own conclusive counter-science/proof? I doubt anyone on here would be so confident of their position of denial that they'd intentionally ingest lead to make a public point. There's a reason steel shot is required for waterfowl.

While I do use lead bullets, I'm also mindful of how I handle lead components. When cutting up game, I will waste a little meat rather than carelessly tossing it all in the grinder. That's me, but I've been in the medical arena enough to see what heavy metal toxicity can do to a person. The actual risk when something is ingested is a variable affected by age as well as by where/how/how much is in the body.

Of course, we can bring up all kinds of other factors that cause death to animals, and while those might be legitimate issues, to pretend this is a non-issue because something else might be a higher-risk issue is a bit of distraction and denialism.

There's also the side of it that if we shooters don't stay ahead of some of these issues, we lose in the end. By demonstrating that we care about the environment and act responsibly, we can help to mitigate some of the pressures we perceive as against us. 🤠
WOW!
I actually worked with General Dynamics and studied the effects of Lead - Pb, Atomic #82 on humans and the environment.
The hunting aspect has such a small % of Pb attributed our environment. It is not even recognized except in concentrated areas like "Indoor Gun Ranges" Just another way for liberals to try to stop the population from using and owning firearms.
Next thing there will be a toxicity study on COPPER, because it is used in firearms.

Last edited:
It is because they say ducks, geese, and loons eat it. No idea if it's true or helps at all that's just their reasoning. It looks like Washington has a ban also.

How many birds were wounded and never recovered after the lead shot ban.

Tom Roster should be ashamed of his actions and statements concerning how effective steel shot was, but when you are paid to get results, you're no longer an independent thinker.

I might as well give up fishing too.
FgfJ_n_WIAM76Ud