LabRadar ?

Varmint Hunter

Now that my Oehler 35P crapped out, I'm considering a LabRadar to replace it. Looks like the unit, base, battery and carry case will run $675 or so. I've got a couple of questions before I dive in:

1. Many of my rifle have brakes. It looks like the brakes would discharge right at 9Or into) the unit. Isn't this a problem? Or ... how is it prevented?

2. It looks like the retail price may be controlled because the unit and accessories are all the same price everywhere I looked. Is there any place to find a new unit at a lower cost.

brownells has had them for $500 a few times on sale and then a 10% off on top of that.

With brakes on big magnum rounds, you have to set them a little further off and I have found putting a barrier helps as well.

Brakes haven't been an issue so far that I've ever seen and, no. See if you can find one used if you want to pull the cost down.

I've never had an issue with brakes. The brake can be far enough forward that it has no effect on the unit but still gives accurate readings.

I may be selling one soon since I want to retire soon (again) and plan on selling my long range guns and only keeping the ones I hunt with.....

I bought mine a year ago right here on this site from Len. Awesome piece of equipment. I don't have any big magnums but from a couple .308's, and 6.5's, I have had zero issues. On the instructional video on their site it shows how to position.

I'm also in the same boat. Harder for me as I have a magneto speed that works great. Problem is my brother took it home and we seem to need them at the same time. If only Cabela's had them I have enough points.

Brakes haven't been an issue at all with mine, all size rifles up to 338 Lapua improved. Just follow the directions for setup and offset and you'll be golden. It's a fantastic tool for the range!

No issues with big bores w. brakes for me. From 7RM, 28 Nosler, .300WM, .300RUM, .338 Edge, .338LM.

Just place it even with the front of stock instead of barrel.

Brakes no prob. I like to use table top stand only need to weight down or will grad rotate from brake so I use 25 lb sack of lead shot. Get rechargeable batter pack - you will never regret. Good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.