Issues I have with E bike deer hunting want your thoughts

While sold as an aide to the disabled and elderly or to speed a commute has been co opted by the slightly heavier among us.
All you need to do is go to a wal mart and see who's using the motorized carts that are for disabled people. Most aren't disabled but too obese for a walk around the store.

All you need to do is go to a wal mart and see who's using the motorized carts that are for disabled people. Most aren't disabled but too obese for a walk around the store.
In that case... let them go ~20mi back into the wilderness, the battery dies and they have a heart attack trying to pedal a 90+lb bicycle out... it's like Darwin with extra steps.

I don't have much experience on Federal wilderness areas, but many of the Wildlife Management Areas I hunt prohibit motorized vehicles on many of the trails. E-Bikes are a no go. Wheeled carts for manually transporting game are a back saver for us older hunters. My view is if it is legal, why not use it. E-Bikes where allowed do not inflict any more damage than horses or foot traffic.

It's simple
A motor weather electrical or gas that propels you, that is not permitted. Is just that!
I agree if its posted foot or horse travel only. I was at a trail head in Colorado that said just that and watched a old army jeep with four people in barely make it through the posts and off they went into the national Forest.

When I was hunting off of Mules and horses, darn Lamas almost caused WRECKS several times, I would not give a darn about E bikes if they did not scare the horses/mules.
Lamas suck they do cause wrecks but the bikes almost caused a wreck also riding up to them no big deal but when guys took off horses freaked

All the wanna be cops is why I only hunt private land! We make the rules and everyone else can stay out!
Blunt, but true. We always keep our membership low, and have a lease holder. He's in charge, we go by his rules. He's the one who has to pony up money if a member dropped out and another one isn't found before we pay the land owner. keeps his dictatorship in check. but we vote on antler restrictions and number of does killed, guest privilege, etc. But if the lease holder isn't happy with you. Well, there's no vote. Your gone.

Pretty sure e bikes are legal in MT on BLM,saw many using them on the east side.If you are in rougher country you still can't get everywhere, or have to take same route back if terrain dictates.Kinda like riding a horse in, you have to go back to it to get out

E-Bikes where allowed do not inflict any more damage than horses or foot traffic.

🤣

I wish. Was passed on a trail recently by a blueberry shaped woman who has 50 pounds on me and a foot or more shorter throwing a mild mud roost as she strolled in by. I'm a big boy and to float on that surface it took and aired down fat bike tire to float.

Lance Armstrong at the height of his drug abuse couldn't have pedaled that many watts on those skinny tires sinking in the mud like that. If she was on a pedal bike shed of had to have some float and no chance she had mud roost.... or if she did she'd find a waistline in no time.

In an ohv or dual use area, I'm all for it. On the bike only it can cause problems.

I honestly have no problem with them as long as they are legal in the area and being ridden responsibly.
By that I mean the rider is aware of others using the area and the effect their machine (and it is a machine) can have on horses etc. and take precautions to ensure they aren't spooking the animals, or riding up on others trying to hunt/stock an animal etc.
I have zero tolerance for people using any wheeled machine illegally and will turn them in if I see it. I've taken pictures of riders (not e-bike specifically) if they are tearing up the trail or making new trails around mud holes etc. and turn that over to LE that has resulted in at least one case I specifically have firsthand knowledge of resulted in fines and lose of license.
I have and continue to use a variety of methods to gain access to different hunting areas based on what is legal. But I also have no problem parking a rig when the terrain makes it no longer safe, or ethical to continue without causing more damage or making a new trail around the obstacle and continuing my hunt on foot.
Unfortunately, we've all seen the few who think it's their right to do whatever they want even when it infringes on our rights, and they will push the limits until they are caught and sometimes that's not even a deterrent anymore.