Is it tacky to mount a trophy head on the front of your truck?

Is it tacky to mount a trophy antelope head on the front of your truck?

• No

Votes: 139 13.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 757 74.6%
  • Depends on the trophy score - see pictures

Votes: 119 11.7%

• Total voters
I should have looked at the post before voting. I would like to change my vote to"Heck No"!

When I originally posted on this I though it was Tacky because of using "Real animal heads" and did not know it was a decoy. Cense then I have read all of the post and have had lots of good laughs.

I see it has been revived and though I would post one more time.

Some things are very tacky and distasteful to others so there lies the problem. placing a decoy on your hood is not one of them. If it is good for a laugh, go for it .

I do object to the display of real dead animals because it does not honor the animal and it gives the Ant- hunters something to rave about.

In some states it is illegal to display real animals and you will get stopped and ticketed. I see other decorations on cars and trucks and as long as they are not offensive to others I have no problem with it. Some are a little eccentric but funny.

Tacky is the display of things that will offend people and there children and only make the displayer look crude and tasteless. This is not one of them.

Very little bothers me so I am not easily offended, but a decoy anything is funny.

So I officially change my vote to do what makes you happy.

J E CUSTOM

Is it tacky to mount a trophy antelope head on the front of your truck?

My sons, Andy and Chris, tell me I'm being tacky.

I say they are just full of envy and it's not a very pretty trait to see in my own flesh and blood.

Be The Decoy dot com

View attachment 12601

Be The Decoy dot com
View attachment 12600
A real head would be tacky, that one just screams "Redneck".

Of course, most of us rednecks consider the term "redneck" to be a title of worth!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.