Is it tacky to mount a trophy head on the front of your truck?

Is it tacky to mount a trophy antelope head on the front of your truck?

• No

Votes: 139 13.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 757 74.6%
  • Depends on the trophy score - see pictures

Votes: 119 11.7%

• Total voters

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
Is it tacky to mount a trophy antelope head on the front of your truck?

My sons, Andy and Chris, tell me I'm being tacky.

I say they are just full of envy and it's not a very pretty trait to see in my own flesh and blood.

Be The Decoy dot com

8615.jpg

Be The Decoy dot com
8610.jpg

Last edited:
I think it would be considered red neck by some.

But tacky, is when someone hangs a set of balls from the rear end, or the reciever hitch.

I say whatever makes you happy. Its your truck.

J E CUSTOM

Len,

You gotta show em the picture of you wearing it on your head.
I turned around, fully expecting a fold out decoy of some sort, and instead saw................................................................

But tacky, is when someone hangs a set of balls from the rear end, or the reciever hitch.

J E CUSTOM

Aww come on Jerry...i almost bought a pair for my civic!! :cool:

Len,

You gotta show em the picture of you wearing it on your head.
I turned around, fully expecting a fold out decoy of some sort, and instead saw..........

I had Mexican food (what a surprise) with SBruce in Spearfish, SD last week on my way out for my hunt. We were like 2 passing ships, he was heading to Rapid City, I was heading from RC. So we met on the way.

After the meal we walked over to my vehicle where I said I'd show him my antelope decoy. But first, I said, you have to turn around and not peek while I get it out.

He just about split a gut when he turned around to see this staring back at him.
I am a little offended that he laughed at me.

Attachments

• 0141.jpg
    0141.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
No offense meant Len; but hell, I'm still laughing:D

On a more serious note, did you get a chance to test it out on a live rutting buck while you were up last weekend?

Last edited:

J E CUSTOM

Only if they are chrome. The glow in the dark ones don't count.....

I had Mexican food (what a surprise) with SBruce in Spearfish, SD last week on my way out for my hunt. We were like 2 passing ships, he was heading to Rapid City, I was heading from RC. So we met on the way.

After the meal we walked over to my vehicle where I said I'd show him my antelope decoy. But first, I said, you have to turn around and not peek while I get it out.

He just about split a gut when he turned around to see this staring back at him.
I am a little offended that he laughed at me.

Len, you suprise me, having a liking for that Mexican food, especially being from 'up there'...... At my age, I can't take the spicy stuff.

Far as your hood ornament, I haven't any issue. I've seen lots worse....in Detroit.:D

did you get a chance to test it out on a live rutting buck while you were up last weekend?

My only chance was on a group of bedded goats. Three bucks and one doe.

The doe busted me as I moved in. The decoy gave me lots of time but, alas, there was an obstruction in front of me so I had no shot.

Lots of time, I will try it again during the rut.

I knew I was forgetting something, kinda figured it would look interesting:D
That decoy might look outa place on your vehicle but I'll wager people wouldnt give it a second look on the front of mine.....The new blue door just wasnt working so the camo process has started on it too.

You could just drive straight up to them with that on your hood. Please tell us there isn't a bottom half to the antelope head decoy...

Hey, back in the day, when vehicles had fenders, before I could hunt I'd sit on the corner of main street and oogle at the bucks on the fenders the evening of the "first day". When I got my first and only white tail buck (9 point - a nice one) it froze stiff and was able to be stood up in the back of the pickup.

I drove around town several times. Good ol' Western PA in the 50s...:D

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.