Ireland trip

forest

Hi everyone, just putting this out. If any of you guys are planning to head out towards Europe I live in Ireland and can help you out if you want a chance to see it and are trying to save $$$.
I have traveled a lot myself around the world and know how helpful it can be when a local can help. I would offer a pickup at airport and transport. I could help you get cheap accommodation and if stuck i have a spare room for a few days if you need it, myself and wife have plenty of room in house.
There are around 4 different species of deer around Ireland so myself and mate could take you out hunting and use our gear, we have rimfire, 222, 243,270, 308, between us and the laws are ok for you to use them as long as we are with you.
There are also plenty of small vermin on the lands. I know its not the same as what you guys are used to hunting but sure its a change and a holiday.
Sure we could even show you around the country a bit if you wanted.

All I ask for in return is for the same chance if I can save enough to travel back to the states. I have been to east and west coast states but never hunted or traveled inland. As you know to do all that can take a lot of money. So I figure both of us win as all you are out is the price of the flight and your food and you have a holiday be it for a week or so and some hunting and a beer if you want!

Sure drop me a line if you have any questions.

Last edited:
Also if there is anyone else from Europe or further sure give me a shout if interested I have a European firearm's pass.

That's quite the noble offer. Ireland and its people are absolutely beautiful. I would have love to have met you when I was stationed in RAF Lakentheath (2000-2003). Tried really hard to get information on UK hunting from my limited resources at the time but to no avail.

Will definitely keep you in mind for future adventures; might have the opportunity to return in the UK/EU as a civilian.

Happy New Year. Cheers mate!

Attachments

• Like_zps00ba1bd0.jpg
    Like_zps00ba1bd0.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 109
No worries thanks for getting back, sure you never know if your out this way again and want to try the hunting in Ireland give me a shout. I will be fit to work something out if your passing through.

Nice offer, and a good idea. You've missed the big hunting seasons, but should be able to work something out by the time August rolls back around. Let me think on this!

When is your hunting seasons and what part of Ireland are you from. I'm going to be in Paris soon and might take you up on that if flights are cheap enough.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.