Will swap offshore fishing trip for hunt.

P8250048.jpg

Thanks John for posting your pictures. I still say that thing crossed with a moose. Those are amazing bez on that caribou. A 48" moose rack and a caribou all in one.

Thanks, Jay and Craig are great guys and we just caught a boatload of huge fish again last month. We are going to kill some bull elk in September. I will get up some pictures of the fishing trip over the weekend I hope. Put up pictures of the elk when we get them.

very nice pictures of great trips. that warsaw was indeed imence. extremly nice caribou.
i have one comment for the capt.
next time you put that poor kid on a big aj or yellowfin
for god sake give him a harness attached to the reel lugs.

very nice pictures of great trips. that warsaw was indeed imence. extremly nice caribou.
i have one comment for the capt.
next time you put that poor kid on a big aj or yellowfin
for god sake give him a harness attached to the reel lugs.

Bridger was able to man-handle the AJ's without an issue. He was put in a full Braid Power-Play harness once we were able to pull the warsaw out of the rig. The pic you see is when we first hooked-up, and were trying to pull the fish out of the rig.

The first 30 seconds on a big fish will make you or break you. Once the fish is clear from the structure we put him in a full harness. We also had a spotter holding Bridger since he was 100% connected to the fish at that point. Bridger is as good of angler as I've ever had on my boat. And that's really saying something, since I fish just about every weekend when the weather is good.

Jay

We had a great trip when Don and Bridger came down a couple weeks ago. We were constantly on fish, and as usual Don and Bridger put a hurting on them. I'll be going to Colorado chasing Elk with them in September, and I can't wait.

I don't have any pics from their trip, but I'm sure Don will post some. Here's some pics from last weekend's trip. I had a group of guys from Mississippi. We ended up with 12 Red snapper, 20 Mangrove Snapper, a cobia, a warsaw, and 13 Yellowfin Tuna. It was slick calm.

Attachments

• 7-10-11 006.jpg
    7-10-11 006.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 147
  • 7-10-11 014.jpg
    7-10-11 014.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 138
  • 7-10-11 016.jpg
    7-10-11 016.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 138
  • 7-10-11 023.jpg
    7-10-11 023.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 140
  • 7-10-11 025.jpg
    7-10-11 025.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 138
Here's the a few more from last weekend. I believe I've fished every weekend but one in the last 10 weeks!

If anybody else wants to do a trade let me know. I'd be interested in elk, moose, bear, big whitetails, etc.

Jay

Attachments

• 7-10-11 025.jpg
    7-10-11 025.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 146
  • 7-10-11 029.jpg
    7-10-11 029.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 150
  • 7-10-11 032.jpg
    7-10-11 032.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 163
Bridger was able to man-handle the AJ's without an issue. He was put in a full Braid Power-Play harness once we were able to pull the warsaw out of the rig. The pic you see is when we first hooked-up, and were trying to pull the fish out of the rig.

The first 30 seconds on a big fish will make you or break you.

Jay
im assuming your using the boat for that?
whats the metod for yellowfin, are you chunking with cut bait?
any chum required for the mangroves etc?
any deep jigging with the jap jigs?

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.