input on a 338 edge elr bench gun

well christmas came early..
i got some CUTTING EDGE LAZER 275gr 338'S in the mail today!
JUST ONE MORE THING TO TRY.
all parts for the gun have been ordered or purchased.
need electricity to my lathe!
i build my own rifles.
just got hooked on elr br and have selected 338 edge as my next project.
i have brass coming and a couple of 300 gr bergers to build dummy rounds with.
looking at alex's stock but all else is open.
i like krieger and broughton bbls, but open to suggestions...length brake suggestion.
actions ? would like dual port right eject.

i have read much of the 338 stuff here and am interested in long COAL.
MAYBE 4 " ??
SPEAK YOUR MIND..i'll listen( no change in cartridge...338 edge it is).
thanks

lots has happened. electricity at the lathe !
and picked up some n570 yesterday...lol 2500 mile round trip.
waiting on the receiver

Attachments

• P1000661.JPG
    P1000661.JPG
    300.3 KB · Views: 108
  • P1000644.JPG
    P1000644.JPG
    161.9 KB · Views: 108
and the receiver!
(308 win case for reference)
fitted to the bbl getting ready to do the muzzle threads

Attachments

• P1000672.JPG
    P1000672.JPG
    138.5 KB · Views: 110
Send Alex an email. He just built a 338 edge bench gun for a guy... Broughton barrels are awesome. I have one on my edge. ADG brass, Whidden dies, H1000 300 grain Berger. CCi 250. You'll be on your way....
I would love to get some adg brass. Im on wait list but im worried i might be old and gray before i see any.HA HA.

I couldn't wait on the 338 ADG so when Tim Smith from Smiths customs (Warren PA) finished mine I bought the 300ADG ran it though the expander and it is shooting in the 3's @ 100 and first trip out just fire forming just under 7" at distance. I had a ton of 250 bergers and with the long throat to touch the lands I only have a tiny bit of bearing surface in the neck (I need some 300's but I will switch after I run out of these) but with 107 grains of RL33 im getting 3260fps and it's not over pressured. Not bad just over 1/2 MOA at over 1000 with virgin brass

I couldn't wait on the 338 ADG so when Tim Smith from Smiths customs (Warren PA) finished mine I bought the 300ADG ran it though the expander and it is shooting in the 3's @ 100 and first trip out just fire forming just under 7" at distance. I had a ton of 250 bergers and with the long throat to touch the lands I only have a tiny bit of bearing surface in the neck (I need some 300's but I will switch after I run out of these) but with 107 grains of RL33 im getting 3260fps and it's not over pressured. Not bad just over 1/2 MOA at over 1000 with virgin brass
May i ask where you are getting the adg brass from? Because i have been on the wait list for a while and nothing.I know shawn carlock has it but he is to high priced.Thank you ,Bob

May i ask where you are getting the adg brass from? Because i have been on the wait list for a while and nothing.I know shawn carlock has it but he is to high priced.Thank you ,Bob
I bought it direct from them. I am still on the waiting list for 338 edge, but I did get the bright polished 300RUM about 2 months ago no problem. I got 100 pieces of there edge brass almost 2 years ago when they first ran it, but that is long gone with that rifle

I bought it direct from them. I am still on the waiting list for 338 edge, but I did get the bright polished 300RUM about 2 months ago no problem. I got 100 pieces of there edge brass almost 2 years ago when they first ran it, but that is long gone with that rifle
How was the quality? Its really supposed to be really good. well im on the waiting list so i will have to hunt this year with bertram which is not to bad as long if you spend the time to make them right.

I really like the Bertram but he ADG is honestly better. very good consistent quality and I have had no issues with it to date.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.