input on a 338 edge elr bench gun

I did weigh 10 random cases. They were within 1 grain so I stopped. The factory necks were very concentric. I really like the brass. It's what Alex Wheeler uses as well if that makes you feel better.

may i ask how many you bought ?
I did weigh 10 random cases. They were within 1 grain so I stopped. The factory necks were very concentric. I really like the brass. It's what Alex Wheeler uses as well if that makes you feel better.

On the ADG brass I bought 100 only using 50 right now. Weighted those 50, lightest to heavies was withing .5% which beats the last batch of 6br lapua cases Mr Tom weighed out. I shot the lightest next to the heaviest and was withing my normal ES. Now for this 2k thing Id still turn the necks. Its pretty good brass, and tough.

Personally I'd go 40 moa rail. Even if your happy right now with about 70 moa eventually you'll want to go farther. 40 moa rail won't cost you any more than a 20 and will get you to around 90 moa of dial. Jmo

if you put in too much moa to start with, you limit what you can do at short range.
i'll be using burris tactical signature rings with inserts. i can add more later with the rings if i choose.
and i will order some brass

75547EBC-C24A-4F7F-B94C-0834CA793A25.jpeg
I wanted to do a budget .338 edge and ended up spending right at $1000 on everything seen here excluding the scope. Nothing flashy but this will shoot sub .5 moa all day with 300 Nosler custom comps and H1000.​

With a 100 min scope and 40 moa rail you'll still get 100 yard zero and still not be looking threw the edge of your scope. Jme
if you put in too much moa to start with, you limit what you can do at short range.
i'll be using burris tactical signature rings with inserts. i can add more later with the rings if i choose.
and i will order some brass

With a 100 min scope and 40 moa rail you'll still get 100 yard zero and still not be looking threw the edge of your scope. Jme
If your Edge happens to be slow 70 isn't gonna dial you to 2000 or if it does it's barely gonna. I went 20 Moa because mine doubles as a 1000 light gun and I use a scope with only 40 total Moa but if it was a dedicated elr gun I woulda went 30 or even 40 rail. My experience as well.

i do not know that you guys are shooting but with my 5-22x i am not shooting thru the edge, i am not running out of elevation and i can still shoot at 100. the 7-35x is a step up with a 34 mm tube. i see no issues doing the same.

sorry the numbers and my experience do not support this. i have been using conservative numbers, and as i have said i have more in the rings IF i need it.

If your Edge happens to be slow 70 isn't gonna dial you to 2000 or if it does it's barely gonna. I went 20 Moa because mine doubles as a 1000 light gun and I use a scope with only 40 total Moa but if it was a dedicated elr gun I woulda went 30 or even 40 rail. My experience as well.

Because if you truly love ELR at some point you will want to go further. Dosent matter if you have 100 min of available dial or 200. Sooner or later you'll want more. May as well start with as much as possible so not to have to upgrade down the line. Again jmo

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.