Importing Bertram Brass - Feedback Requested

I think RRP is looking at bringing in good brass where there aren't any "options" or extremely limited options , like the 7WSM. If you can't find "good brass" from 6 current makers of 25-06 then …….
This exactly. I genuinely appreciate the discourse. A lot of what we carry and don't carry is based on customer recommendations. Pretty much every brand has folks who love it and folks who won't use it. I find that the biggest factor remains price of the product. Some folks will make the argument that they'll pay X% more for a product that they consider superior. I don't doubt them, but when I look at the sales data I have, over 90% of the sales we make are specials and sale items.

A good example is the norma 260 Rem Brass we have on sale right now for $58.90 / 100 ct. Some folks prefer Lapua, but at 59 cents a piece, a lot of people are trying the norma.

Another example is the handgun reloading components we have on sale. We have OEM (essentially white label) 9mm JHP bullets for 7.8 cents and free shipping. New primed 45 ACP brass for 12.9 cents + Free shipping, plus other new projectiles starting at less than 4.9 cents each.

The common caliber handgun component sales bankroll the acquisition of the esoteric stuff. I love carrying a wide range of obscure rifle brass for customers, but any of it living rent free on the shelves for too long is bad business. That being said, if there are other brands, domestic or foreign, that you folks would like to see let us know. Most of the import stuff is really slow going. We are working with Reloading International to import Woodleigh later this year.

You guys are a foresightful organization to take on Bertram. I have used them for many years in the past and was sorely disappointed when I heard they were no longer being imported. You will do well in offering their products regardless of which cartridges you choose to offer. As you get yourselves set up with them, keep the idea of custom orders open in your thinking. Bertram has made a bunch of cartridges that are very difficult to find and it would be nice to see those available on a special order basis. Best of luck going forward!

Which of the Bertram have you used that's been terrible and what was terrible about it?

That would be a lengthy answer requiring lots searching through hundreds of pages of notes and invoices.

In general though, I was building large caliber hunting rifles for use in Africa mostly. Some double rifles but more bolt action rifles. It might have been as simple as 8mm Remington or slightly more exotic such as .585 Nyati and larger cartridges. We ordered dozens of different cartridge brass, some oddballs and some wildcats.

Again, in general, their brass was inconsistent dimensionally and it was softer than we wanted based on the pressure ratings of these big bores. I did not have the opportunity to test each and every cartridge they offered brass for and I don't suggest that either. Being asked to pay the price Bertram listed only to find that we would only get two, maybe three reloads was and is unacceptable. I honestly don't believe that I have to justify 34 years of using a product only to find that it is unsuitable. Nor do I feel compelled to do continuous testing in order to see if they have improved in a few cases.

I believe strongly in the ability to offer opinions regarding all of the products we use in this industry. I don't get the opportunity to test everything available so reading opinions from others with regard to quality and consistency is important.

:)

My guess is Nosler brass is made by Norma - the AMP codes for 300 RUM are identical. BTW, I love both brands. I use those two, ADG, and Lapua in my LR rifles.

My guess is Nosler brass is made by Norma - the AMP codes for 300 RUM are identical. BTW, I love both brands. I use those two, ADG, and Lapua in my LR rifles.
Norma OEMs a lot of brass, but I don't believe they are still making anything for Nosler. I'm not sure when that changed. The only Nosler headstamp (made by norma) brass we still have in stock is 500/416 Nitro Express.

Norma is still making Weatherby, Berger 300 Win, Some Barnes, and for a few other smaller OEMs.

It sort of works the other way too. The Norma TAC-22, 22 Long Rifle Ammo we have on sale for $319 per case is made in the RWS plant in Germany. It's pretty nice ammo, and from what I'm told the same as the stuff in the RWS box. The biggest difference is that RWS and Norma are under the same Beretta Holdings umbrella. Either way, brands/labels often move around products without folks always understanding the factory of origin. Not necessarily a big deal, but I sometimes remind folks that brass with the same headstamp isn't always equal.

Huh, I looked on their website a while back and didn't see it on there.

I wish I had known before I bought some Nosler.
I'll let everyone know when we have it.

Do they make 404 Jeffery?

Norma? Yes. We have 404 Jeffery on order as well. Some of this stuff is ordered very far in advance. Slow going but just like the Woodleigh Bullets, we are bringing it back.

We are planning to import Bertram Brass in the near future.

Let us know if there are any calibers you're on the hunt for - Bertram has quite the list to choose from.

We sell a lot of hard to find brass and components, especially dangerous game and metric calibers (as well as some of the best deals on bulk handgun reloading components).

(For those who might not know, Betram Bullet Co and Betram USA have ended their business relationship.)

-Raven Rocks Precision
Are you sure?

Read the disclaimer.