Hunting Experience with 22 Creedmoor

I have 22/250's and a Swift. Where the 22 Creed is better is the available brass and the barrels on Swifts and most 250's are 14 twist (Tikka has an 8 TW).

To those of us who've actually used the 14's they've found there is absolutely zero, nothing wrong with a 14 twist in the bigger 22's (Swift, '250, '250AI, CM). They'll shoot the 55's-63's (my favs are the 55 Horn w/c's, 60 Horn HP's, 63 Sierra's) just very well and are pure plain killing machines on small big game like deer and lopes out to 500 yds day in and day out. Used them on elk more than a bit as well.

Absolutely nothing wrong with going 8 twist (I have one on a Kimber 84M), I did a Lilja and it's a hammer at the range and on game. I shoot the 73 Berger in it, as well the 70 Hammer and 62 TTSX.

One can go with heavier slugs with the 8 Twists, and that can be helpful if one is shooting from 500-1K. But if one is keeping shots inside 500 then the lighter slugs will take game down very effectively.

I've been using the big 22's on big game since 1978, the amount of game we've taken is staggering. Filled an ark or two:).....In the last few years alone we've take 49 head of game with 49 shots from 35 yds to 400 yds. 93% of those went straight down at the shot! (behind the fronts shot, not CNS).

I've had zero issues with Hornady brass, or Rem or Win. Have used Lapua as well a couple others. Only diff I've found is the Lapua primer pockets are harder than all get out. Which of course some love as it allows them to hot road the heck out of things and yet still think that they're not getting pressure.

As one of my best buds says "speed equals pressure and pressure equals speed". No free lunch my friends.

I have a Lilja on order for my main rifle (call it the Zebra), I went 8 twist as it gives one more options. This rig will be on the plains this weeked for the lope opener.

I've been running mine fairly mild with H4350, Berger 80.5 fullbores 3220fps.

Little over 300yrds
1728400952487.png

Terminus Apollo, Bart 8t twist 22"
1728401072108.jpeg