High quality production rifles in Left Hand

Budget would be under $2,500. If I'm going to pay more than that I'll just build another custom.
Chambering? Probably 7PRC but I'm open to suggestions.
Christensen Arms would be an option but it seems that many bad rifles left their factory. Lots of stories on line. I'd rather not deal with a crap shoot.
Maybe a Browning LR McMillan. ???
Buy a Used Tikka, W/ a MAGNUM Bolt Face, Then, Junk the Barrel and Screw ON, a Pre-Fit, 22-24 inch, PROOF Barrel, Buy a Stocky's Graphite Stock and go Shoot ! My son's 7 PRC ( Proof / Tikka ) Braked w/ a PVA Jet Blast, is shooting SUB 1/2 MOA, 5 shot group's with, 180 gr. ELD-M's and a near Max chg of, StaBall HD Powder, in ADG Brass at, 2,985 FPS. Best group was .314 Ctr to Ctr. Rifle action, Stocky's Stock, Barrel / Brake, Total about, $2 K !
Just be sure to, Check the Headspace of, the Proof, Pre-Fit ( pre-Chambered ) Barrel ! Love those, smooth, TIKKA,. Lefty, Actions !
The PVA Jet Blast "Back Country Brake" has practically, NO "Blast",. AT,. the Shooter ( Great for Hunting with, Ear Plug, use ! ).
My Family of, 4 Hunters,. HAVE, 4 Tikka's and One, Savage,.. All with, Back Country, Brakes.

Last edited:
Budget would be under $2,500. If I'm going to pay more than that I'll just build another custom.
Chambering? Probably 7PRC but I'm open to suggestions.
Christensen Arms would be an option but it seems that many bad rifles left their factory. Lots of stories on line. I'd rather not deal with a crap shoot.
Maybe a Browning LR McMillan. ???
I can't speak for all gunsmiths, but the guys around here call Brownings throwaways. The barrels are super hard to remove should you ever shoot it out. A really good rifle builder here won't even work on them. He said you could probably send it back to the factory, but he won't touch it. May or may not be a consideration, depends on how much you're going to shoot it. And that's a shame, I've owned several over the years and once the triggers were right they all shot for me.

My son recently acquired 4 left hand Christensen rifles due to a mess up in the original purchasers order. He gave me a 6.5 PRC, and his wife a 243. Both of these I have worked up loads for and are shooting under MOA. The other two are chambered in 28 Nosler and unfired. I think he is going to sell or trade these.

I have about a dozen left hand Mark V Deluxe Weatherbys. The German and Japan guns shoot OK, but not great, however my 6.5-300 Sheridan gun shoots fantastic. It's consistently sub-moa, with some groups going under 1/2". I don't think I have any Paso Robles guns.

I have a second Wyoming gun in 338-378, but I have yet to fire it.

Tony

I can't speak for all gunsmiths, but the guys around here call Brownings throwaways. The barrels are super hard to remove should you ever shoot it out. A really good rifle builder here won't even work on them. He said you could probably send it back to the factory, but he won't touch it. May or may not be a consideration, depends on how much you're going to shoot it. And that's a shame, I've owned several over the years and once the triggers were right they all shot for me.

I have read about the barrel removal issue but I had an X bolt rebarreld with a new Bartlein. The smith had no problem removing the barrel and cerro-coated the new barrel with burn orange that matched the receiver perfectly.

Last edited:
I'm not fond of the 9 lug Mark V. I've owned them before but much prefer 2 or 3 lugs.
I have a Browning LR in 6.5 Creed. It is easily the most accurate production rifle I've ever owned. No problem keeping bullets inside of 1.5" @ 400yds.
I've got more than a dozen of them and I would disagree.

As many have mentioned, Tikka is hard to beat for a factory rifle. If you're used to custom rifles, you might not be happy with the regular, black low end Tikka Lite But the Lite Veil has several upgrades that make it feel better (and I think shoot better). They come in several calibers in LH models - 6.5cm, 6.5prc, 270, 308, 300wm - but I don't think they're doing 7prc yet... I've had 2, both in 6.5cm, which can both shoot 1/2moa with factory Ammo.

I've had many custom rifles built over the years and have a few in the works now. However, I'm interested in just buying a high-quality production rifle and not waiting 6mon-yr to get it. I shoot lefty so that will limit my options. I was thinking about a Seekins rifle but they don't show any lefties.

Anyone have any suggestions on a long action, left handed quality rifle?
Some may think I'm a heretic, but look at a Savage 110 Ultralite. Got my granddaughter one in 270 win, and it is a shooter. So far her best was a mule deer at 427yds, 20 degree down angle, head on. She shot it in the mouth and scrambled it's brain.

Attachments

• 3909.jpeg
    3909.jpeg
    109.2 KB · Views: 18