Help me pick a pistol…….again!

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the DW Bruin. However, I could buy two G40MOS for the same price.
I have the G40 with a fast fire 3 and it's what I'd pack if t wasn't in love with my 44M Super Redhawk

DW 6" (Bruin, Kodiak)10mm would be tough to beat if that's in the price range. They make excellent 1911s for the price. The fit on their guns is really good out of the box and don't need hundreds of rounds to "break in" like some high end makers. There is no striker gun that has a trigger as good as a proper 1911. It's just a fact. For a hunting or bullseye work a single action trigger would be my choice.

Nothing fancy about a Glock. But…they work! I do like that there are endless aftermarket parts to make your Glock shoot the way you want. The problem is…you need all those aftermarket parts…to make it shoot the way you want. 😆
I do not want a fancy gun; I want reliability and functionality. This is also not my only pistol/handgun. I transitioned from .44 Mag to this as my bear defense gun. I have not change anything on mine and it serves my intended purpose thus far. I did however purchased an after market barrel and compensator to play around with when the time comes.

I do not want a fancy gun; I want reliability and functionality. This is also not my only pistol/handgun. I transitioned from .44 Mag to this as my bear defense gun. I have not change anything on mine and it serves my intended purpose thus far. I did however purchased an after market barrel and compensator to play around with when the time comes.
Nothing wrong with that! Glocks eat all ammo. I love my 19. It just plain shoots!

Nothing fancy about a Glock. But…they work! I do like that there are endless aftermarket parts to make your Glock shoot the way you want. The problem is…you need all those aftermarket parts…to make it shoot the way you want. 😆
Until you have one that the frame splits in your hand. I had a g29 and with less than 50 rounds (didn't make it through the entire box the gun store gave me) the frame split from the front, under the serial number tinfoil, to the front of the trigger guard. That was the first and last glock I will ever own, and owned it less than a week. When Glock sent a replacement I never took ownership and traded out for a kimber 38 super.

Until you have one that the frame splits in your hand. I had a g29 and with less than 50 rounds (didn't make it through the entire box the gun store gave me) the frame split from the front, under the serial number tinfoil, to the front of the trigger guard. That was the first and last glock I will ever own, and owned it less than a week. When Glock sent a replacement I never took ownership and traded out for a kimber 38 super.
That would be enough to scare someone away from their products. But I believe it is a rarity though.

After building long slide 10 a bunch in the shops early years….and tuning about everything else.

I think I'd have to go 1911. The import guns actually tune up well and can be made into solid tight shooters for little money.