Help me decide which 22LR bolt action

On rimfire central some were saying to shoot 50-75 rounds of the same brand before testing groups.
I have 700 rounds down this barrel now and have been shooting Norma TAC22 for the past 400+ rounds now.

To your point, the serious rimfire benchrest guys at my local club (one who places in the nationals every year) have said similar things about at least 20rounds if you switched ammo to settle in due to different lubricants and lead composition.

When I was testing different makes and RN verses HP of 22 RF ammo. I found the quickest way to change shells, Use Kano Kroil on patch wait a few minutes, The bronze brush and then patches. About 5 rounds and barrel was happy with next batch of ammo.

I haven't read all of the posts, in fact - very few!

I see that you folks have some remarkable shooting rifles and I hope that the OP is very happy with his decision.

I realize that I'm very late to the party, and it appears that the rifle I was going to mention,is no longer produced. The Ruger 77/22 in 22 LR.

We bought a pair of them about 20 years ago. We got the SS, teflon coated, laminate stocked version. They shot pretty fair with bulk 22 LR in the Remington HP version….5 shots @ 100 a bit larger than a quarter.

We had a specific purpose in their purchase…..to do a lot of shooting inexpensively. They're fairly heavy rifles, and we wanted a rifle that would fairly closely replicate our hunting rifles, Winchester Model 70's……in weight and safety operation. The original trigger was awful, but a aftermarket trigger assembly remedied that.

They can't match or haven't shown the accuracy of some of the rifles shown here. While we don't shoot them as much as we should……wouldn't sell them for 3 times the amount we paid for them! memtb

Recent Posts