Hunting Suppressors - Black Bull Machine

Cleaning advise on your welded cans?

are these individual baffles or monocore design?

Do you use any ss baffles or stellite coatings in the blast chamber?

Tell us more--- with pics please

I took a look at your website, the sasquatch says it's rated up to 300rum--- what length? 26", 6"? Big difference in muzzle uncorking pressures depending on length....the more info, the better as we know just enough here to get ourselves in trouble 😁
In the very beginning I messed around with a few different monocore designs. They are not only really neat looking, but actually easier to machine with less material than individual baffles. Unfortunately I was never able to get a monocore to match the suppression possible with well designed baffles. The picture is of my very first monocore for rimfire. That machining is rough, I was a beginner!

As far as cleaning goes, it just doesnt seem necessary with bigger magnum cartridges so far. That being said, the best solvent Ive tried has been regular CLR filling the can overnight. A good shake, pour out and shoot gets 90%. Unfortunately it does dull the Cerakote a bit even when being fairly careful to wipe it off. For that reason I do not "officially" recommend it. The best Ive used with no negative side effects is Bore-Tech C4 Carbon remover filled up overnight. It sometimes needs a second bath but it does fairly decent job.

Mechanical cleaning if you really want to get serious: (got the idea off the internet somewhere in the past, cannot claim credit) I frayed a 10" piece of wire rope back about 2" and splayed the wires out a bit. I added a piece of electrical tape to help keep the wire from further fraying, but this may not be necessary. Then inserting the not-frayed side into the endcap and fishing through to the threads, I chucked it into the ol Milwaukee drill and pulled back until feeling the wire pop into each baffle, then spinning it up and pressing forward, it gets those wires into the corners and brushes everything pretty well. With my larger 1.7" diameter cans you would need to fray more like 2.5" or so probably.

I am wide open to other cleaning suggestions to test! With the ability to cerakote things, hit with some crazy new chemical idea and check the effects without ruining an expensive can, it would be helpful for everybody.

Barrel length vs cartridge rating: Thank You! I simply didnt get that info added in my quest to get a passable website up and running. Adding to the To-Do list. For now though we have only tested 300RUM with a 26" barrel. At some point I will get a take off from the gunsmith I know and start chopping it down to give you a solid answer. Other cartridge info will be included on the website.

Now the fun part, blast chamber: short answer is no SS or stellite. This is part of the reason I do not suggest these for rapid fire semi autos (other reason is backpressure). Since this is one piece welded design, and weight is a main concern, I went titanium front to back. As far as Stellite goes I am hoping to start testing some different hardfacing options. Full disclosure, I am not an engineer! But I have been reading about laser cladding on titanium and think there may be an economical and practical way to do it. If anybody here is knowlegeable on the subject I am all ears.

Until then, the blast chamber is machined with thicker walls and a thicker blast baffle that includes additional material around the bore to allow for more erosion before requiring a replacement. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3950.jpg
    IMG_3950.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 52
Forrest,

HELLYEAH! It is always nice to have another product made in Montana, and this time, it is in my neck of the woods (Great Falls). A belated welcome and congrats on being a site sponsor. I have two Eliteiron and one Rex Silentium—all made in Montana by small businesses.

How far south? Ulm? There are a handful of us from Great Falls. 🤣

Ed
Thats awesome Ed, You are welcome to come out sometime and bring the cans with you! Ill send you a DM with the location and contact info. Since unannounced visitors make machining and etc tough to focus on, I am not publicly advertizing my location. Plus I have to clean up the rancher side of the shop before anybody sees it.

To those wondering about dB ratings: Its on the way in the next month or so. We have been simply testing various geometries and going by ear on what works best. We also have been comparing to the other cans I own as well as whatever people I know have on hand.

I thought about renting a good decibel meter in the past but will likely buy one. The variable schedule around here makes it hard to know when we can do good testing, so simply owning one is the best way to go.

Thats awesome Ed, You are welcome to come out sometime and bring the cans with you! Ill send you a DM with the location and contact info. Since unannounced visitors make machining and etc tough to focus on, I am not publicly advertizing my location. Plus I have to clean up the rancher side of the shop before anybody sees it.
Yes, I can respect that. I have lots of respect to ranchers and farmers. I learned early on that I am not cut out to one.

Hope to visit you soon.

Ed

As far as pricing and ordering options:

Emailing [email protected] is the best way to get in touch with me. Ill get a retail side of the website put together at some point, but my main focus will be on providing through retailers/dealers.

Also, apparently I am not receiving emails from the contact form on the website, Im not ignoring you I promise. Best bet for now is to email the address above and Ill get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Pictures are probably a good idea.. will get some up tomorrow morning for you guys.

My website isn't exactly finished up as production has taken priority over marketing this whole year.

Either way I forgot earlier, if anybody local to the great falls Montana area would like to come see them or try one out on my range, you are more than welcome. Just let me know here or email from the address on the website to schedule a time. Thanks
That's a pretty long road trip. I would like to do it though possibly after deer season. Heading to your website now.

Last edited:
Well thanks guys for the interest, I was not really expecting that so quickly. As far as the website goes, ill be updating it some today since I ran out of materials yesterday afternoon.

As far as pictures go, ill add a couple here for your enjoyment, eventually including some in-process stuff that may be interesting to some of you. Right now I don't have too many pictures that aren't already on the website - as i mentioned before, marketing has taken back seat to testing and production.

The short rifle is a 8.5" 300Blk with a Sasquatch can attached. It generally rides with me while out and about. The close up is a YeTI hot off the press a week or so ago. (please ignore the dirty floor and door). And the guy messing with the three rifles helps out a bunch when we are testing new baffle designs. That day we were comparing the final three rimfire baffle stack options.
Really like your 300BO!