Help!! Bought a stolen gun!!

• Thread starter Deleted member 48126
  • Start date
Problem in the whole thing is this:

I don't know about pawn, but gun shops "DON'T" have the ability to run or check serial numbers of guns to make sure they aren't stolen. at least that's the case in PA. IMHO it's the original owners fault more than the gun shops or yours "UNLESS" the gun was stolen from the safe in there house. I am tired of hearing my gun was stolen out of my truck.... Why was your regular hunting gun left in your truck. I get it you should be able to do what you want with your property but as gun owners we have a responsibility to keep firearms away from the unlawful thieves that look for them.

Problem in the whole thing is this:

I don't know about pawn, but gun shops "DON'T" have the ability to run or check serial numbers of guns to make sure they aren't stolen. at least that's the case in PA. IMHO it's the original owners fault more than the gun shops or yours "UNLESS" the gun was stolen from the safe in there house. I am tired of hearing my gun was stolen out of my truck.... Why was your regular hunting gun left in your truck. I get it you should be able to do what you want with your property but as gun owners we have a responsibility to keep firearms away from the unlawful thieves that look for them.

It was stolen from the guys truck at a wal mart parking lot. I know he wasn't using it for hunting bc his 16 year old and friends were the ones driving the truck. I agree!

It was stolen from the guys truck at a wal mart parking lot. I know he wasn't using it for hunting bc his 16 year old and friends were the ones driving the truck. I agree!
Glad the OP got there money back.
happens everyday people have to be responsible for firearms.
My favorite is the guy who's kid who is on drugs sold grand pappy's gun and now he reports it stolen so that they can get the gun back.
so heres what happens:
-They make the new buyer give it back
-Seller gives buyers money back
-The judge orders the drug addict to pay restitution (about $6 a year)
-Parents drop the charges cuz little Johnny got caught up in the wrong crowd
So who gets screwed here? who is the victim?

If you have someone who is a drug user or not allowed to own a firearm and they are in your house and have access to your firearms then you should be charged by the police. end of rant. gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.