Finally Bought a Suppressor

Jerryrva

Actually bought two. Now the wait begins. Six to eight months the dealer is saying. Plus depending on how people view the results of the upcoming mid terms, sales may go up or down. A Dem party majority could see a bill like 2018's HR 5103 that raises the tax from 200 to 500 pass at some point in the future.

Anyway I got a Ruger 22lr suppressor due to reviews, name brand and on sale for $199. Also got a TBA Phalanx 30 cal Ti. for my 6.5 Grendel and Creedmoor. Not to be confused with Thunderbeast Arms. TBA is based in Ashland Virginia and has been in business since 1996. I decided on that one as they are 10 minutes from where I work and offer services like barrel threading and rebuilding suppressors that may be of benefit to me down the road.

I got a nice bonus and a tax cut this year thanks to Trumps tax bill. So my "crumbs" went to a couple of new guns and hopefully within 6 months some new accessories for them. Guess my non threaded guns will be safe queens.

Congrats brother. To me, that is money well spent as long as all your other affairs are in order of coarse. I got 5 cans now and I love them. Still kinda sucks when I go to the range though and there are people there and have to wear hearing protection lol. Now while u are waiting on cans send them rifles off that need threading to One of the bad *** Smith's on here!

10 months! You would think with all the money they are taking in at 200 a pop, they would hire enough people to process them quicker. If I had bought them back in March when I first started looking at them, I would be months ahead. But anyway the process has started.

Don't hold your breath waiting after 10 months. It took 14 months for me to get mine. You will absolutely love the 22 suppressor with subsonic ammo. Anyone that pulls the trigger on that set up will get a big smile on their face.

Remmy please wear your hearing protection even when shooting suppressed. The average rifle produces 150 dB. Your suppressor will reduce it about 30 dB. Leaving a noise level of 120 dB. Hearing damage can occur to exposure to sounds above 85 Decibels. Be safe my friend. Don't want you to have this constant ringing and buzzing in the ear that I have.

Last edited:
Well I just checked and my Money Orders haven't been cashed yet after three weeks. I would assume they would get those in asap for the interest they are losing. But I don't know how slow the USPS is in updating their records. My dealer sent in the paperwork so I hope they did it timely.

A 22lr pistol can be one of the worst causes of hearing damage. They can produce 160 db. Ouch! That was a great buy on the Ruger suppressor. You've got me thinking I need to order another one, and one of their newer pistols with a threaded barrel.

Last edited:
Got one around two years ago took over a year to get back. Have two more on order going on 4 months now. I am hoping it has dropped a bit last I heard was expect 8-10 months. It is very fun once you get it, so it will be worth the wait. Have crux (accurate and very lightweight but a bit gassy on semi auto) will try rugged 22 and oss once they clear the stamp.

Just got my harvaster 30. Cal about two weeks ago. Just shy of 8 months from when my tax stamp was cashed. Got another on the way. Absolutely love it and wish I took the plunge sooner.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.