Great video on seating depth testing

Huntnful

This was a great watch for sure. Some interesting numbers! Take away from it what you wish 👍

My takeaways:

1. This is a 20lb+ straight shank barreled F class rifle with a smaller cartridge, shot by a shooter with a wall of medals. If I think my 10lb magnum rifle will shoot the same, I'm wrong. And if I think I will see the minute differences that he is seeing, I'm wrong as well probably.

2. Average 5 shot groups of .41-.46". The "best" 5 shot group seating depth shot from a .25" group to a .63" group.

3. Once groups were taken to a sample of 33 shots, the WORST small sample size depth, actually became the best, most stable load.

4. From "worst" to "best", the variation is about 10%. I put those in quotations because you can switch sample sizes around and also vary which one is the worst or the best.

5. After 100 rounds of seating depth testing, he almost came to an inconclusive result.

Interesting test for sure. Also why I quit messing with seating depth so much. It'd take me 500 freaking rounds to legitimately prove a 10% change in group size with a magnum rifle. And taking a group from a .7 to a .6 isn't going to kill me any extra animals until you get a LONG ways out.

Winning in the wind has some great and informative videos but I also know he is light years ahead of where I’m at, his goal is never to see paper between shots, while I might get 2 or 3 shots with no paper, it doesn’t happen all the time. His rifles except for one 700 Remington are polished pieces of art, again, not mine, mine are hunting guns.

This was a great watch for sure. Some interesting numbers! Take away from it what you wish 👍

My takeaways:

1. This is a 20lb+ straight shank barreled F class rifle with a smaller cartridge, shot by a shooter with a wall of medals. If I think my 10lb magnum rifle will shoot the same, I'm wrong. And if I think I will see the minute differences that he is seeing, I'm wrong as well probably.

2. Average 5 shot groups of .41-.46". The "best" 5 shot group seating depth shot from a .25" group to a .63" group.

3. Once groups were taken to a sample of 33 shots, the WORST small sample size depth, actually became the best, most stable load.

4. From "worst" to "best", the variation is about 10%. I put those in quotations because you can switch sample sizes around and also vary which one is the worst or the best.

5. After 100 rounds of seating depth testing, he almost came to an inconclusive result.

Interesting test for sure. Also why I quit messing with seating depth so much. It'd take me 500 freaking rounds to legitimately prove a 10% change in group size with a magnum rifle. And taking a group from a .7 to a .6 isn't going to kill me any extra animals until you get a LONG ways out.

Now you've done it. 😂