Great video on seating depth testing

Most of the crowd will probably miss this part "on the target"....We see this all the time on electronic targets like the ShotMarker. Low SD's in the 4-6 range for a 20+ shot string in mild wind conditions, usually equates to a good rifle and load combo THROUGH THE TARGET. There are more factors involved to tuning a long range rifle to consistently agg small than just ES.

What are your thoughts on positive compensation?
I dont have much thoughts on it, i think its a pain and a pointless theory. The idea is too compensate….

It's like saying you can't have a tight group at say 600 yards unless it has a low es/ds. I've seen otherwise
Yes back to what i said dont read chronograph. Es sd matters on target the chronograph is just a tool to help you. I have run several labradars side by side. Labradar and a garmin and have one saying es 30 other saying es 5. More importantly you can have a low es sd and terrible groups at 600. Es sd on the chrono isn’t everything thats why 100 yard groups dont matter unless your just looking for starting point. I personally dont do any serious load work inside 600.

Well, I like to think it’s all important. I do load work up on all different varieties of rifles and sometimes 100 yards is the best the optics allow for my eyes. I’ve seen 100 yard load work up hold extremely good groups out to 545 yards ( thank you hammer). But I’ve seen 1 hole, 100 yard groups grow way more than they should so I started doing load work up at either 200 yards or 200 meters ( I shoot at a couple different ranges) when the optics/reticle and conditions allow. I haven’t seen this approach fail out to distance of 1000yards yet but I wouldn’t want to hand it to someone and say go hunt without verification to distance. I use a chronograph a lot during load work up. I use the v3 but really need to purchase the little garmin.

With components being so expensive and seating depth frustrating I just started barrel tuning instead.
3FBC0251-5967-4306-A86B-49F6E66720D4.jpeg
76384F13-D303-48D0-89AA-83D8590C7F4A.jpeg
BAD4ED55-8333-4509-A3A2-C6B49BBB68BC.jpeg

Now according to some I’ll need to cut it at least 30 times the two times I did are probably not enough of a sample.

Well IMHO!! I think he actually stated clearly he was NOT TRYING TO PROVE ANYTHING, he was simply trying to develop a TEST that could be used to provide information. Then YOU and I decide if the test could supply needed or relevant data to us. Maybe YES , maybe NO!!! WE may decide on our own,
I agree, but he did little to show analysis of the test method, so…there is that…

Then he went on to compare the results of the 3 samples. Finally showing the 33 shot group and using Sd to call it irrelevant. What?

IME, Sd is what it is. There are tests using Sd to determine if the sample aligns to the population to a certain confidence.

My hunting rifles don't shoot everything small at 100 and just because something at 100 shoots small still does not mean that it shoots small at 600.
How does your load apply affect your bullet between 100 and 600 yards.