Great Podcast on terminal performance.

One of the biggest frustrations with the "hunting with match bullets" conversations is they are argued as one homogenous design.

They are not all the same, and they do not all perform the same in tissue. Eldms don't perform the same as scenars, berger hybrids don't perform the same as SMKs, TMKs don't perform the same as norma golden targets.

All are match bullets, all are designed differently, and none are able to be generalized as "match bullets do ____" and have any useful value in actual conversation.

The common concept of weak jackets with match bullets goes out the window the second you talk about Bergers, as it's quite literally the opposite. Same with scenars, both a hybrid and a scenar is a tougher thicker bullet than a vld hunting. All of this has to talked about on the ground level. What does each bullet do. Down to the caliber and weight. A 155 tmk is not a 77tmk is not a 195 tmk.
Amen!!

One of the biggest frustrations with the "hunting with match bullets" conversations is they are argued as one homogenous design.

They are not all the same, and they do not all perform the same in tissue. Eldms don't perform the same as scenars, berger hybrids don't perform the same as SMKs, TMKs don't perform the same as norma golden targets.

All are match bullets, all are designed differently, and none are able to be generalized as "match bullets do ____" and have any useful value in actual conversation.

The common concept of weak jackets with match bullets goes out the window the second you talk about Bergers, as it's quite literally the opposite. Same with scenars, both a hybrid and a scenar is a tougher thicker bullet than a vld hunting. All of this has to talked about on the ground level. What does each bullet do. Down to the caliber and weight. A 155 tmk is not a 77tmk is not a 195 tmk.
The same can be said about bullets labeled as hunting bullets. The labeling doesn't necessarily mean it will or won't work in every circumstance.

Well in 6.5 cm ELD M 'white box' hornady and my near perfect duplication of accuracy of the Hornady, with my hand loads are under a dime at 100yards. So far nothing has walked away hunting White tail, in south and west Tx.

And my 300 WM, in 208 grain, A-max & ELD-M's have the same track record, holding the same accuracy in MOA out to 600. I hear the A-Max should faulted past 600, but personally have only shot the ELD-M past that out to 1100 on one occasion on steel. Was please with hits, but can not confirm or deny the actual MOA measurements on the steels from 700-1100.

Also have not had hunting experience past 600 but terminal performance on pigs and white tail was no more than 20-30 yard of running from point of impact. In other words one shot and in the freezer.

I think I'll stick with ELD-M's.

Could not find Pod cast Link in thread if someone could please repost, may just be an age related flaw on my part.

The same can be said about bullets labeled as hunting bullets. The labeling doesn't necessarily mean it will or won't work in every circumstance.
Always bothered me that the manufactures of hunting bullets did not replicate the grains and Bc in target rounds so scope calculations would be consistent from practice to hunt.

Oh well, in a perfect world.

Always bothered me that the manufactures of hunting bullets did not replicate the grains and Bc in target rounds so scope calculations would be consistent from practice to hunt.

Oh well, in a perfect world.
Weight and bc doesn't mean it's going to have the same point of impact, but even if so considering that bc is a function of form factor how could they duplicate the shape and weight with different metal amounts? Usually hunting bullets have more copper in the base and a tapering profile, the copper is lighter than lead

It's a cool idea but I think it's more difficult than it feels.

It's a cool idea but I think it's more difficult than it feels.

I completely agree with your full post, and then…..

IMG_1690.jpeg

Match & hunting bullets with same weight, & BC
Partial screenshot from Hornady's website. Not sure how they are doing this….. 🤔

I'm curious if they will extend this, "same / same" application to other calibers.

This is the caliber I currently hunt with. Looking forward to seeing if they really do shoot the same.
Has anyone worked with this pairing yet?