Glock 48 Tritium sights

birddog 68

Wasn't sure where I should post this but I will try here.
After purchasing a Springfield hellcat a few months back I really like the tritium sights and have decided to replace the stock sights on my Glock with tritium sights.
I think I have narrowed it down to the meprolight and the trijicon but I was wondering if maybe I should be looking at another manufacturer?
I have read that changing the front sight on a Glock is a PIA and would like some insight on the change if it's really difficult.
Thanks for your replies.

I have no suggestions, but am happy that you started this thread.

My sights on my Springfield XDS are getting pretty weak…..probably about 10+ years old!

I think that they're Trijicon…..but have slept a few times since their installation. memtb

Night Fision also makes good sights. They are aluminum versus steal on the Trijicons so they are perhaps a little easier to fit in the rear sight channel being a softer material.

With Glocks, the front sight is the easiest part. I recommend just getting the right tool (Fix it Sticks makes a great one) and don't over torque because the head of the screw will separate from the shaft. Its the rears which can be a pain due to hand fitting typically by filing/sanding down the bottom of the dovetail until you can put them on about halfway, then pressing/tapping them the rest of the way.

Well, I went with Trijicon HD Night Sights, they work perfectly on my up-armored G48, which by the way I think is the best Glock, Glock ever made when set up for 15+1 9mm, it's been an unbelievably reliable, fast handling and crazy accurate pistol for its size. Just my 0/2
Good luck, Cheers

G48 up grade 1.jpg
G48 up grade 2.jpg

Its the rears which can be a pain due to hand fitting typically by filing/sanding down the bottom of the dovetail until you can put them on about halfway, then pressing/tapping them the rest of the way
Wondering if guys that installed trijicon had to hand fit the rear sight?
And thanks for the info on the fix it sticks for the front sight, I will be ordering it.

Well, I went with Trijicon HD Night Sights, they work perfectly on my up-armored G48, which by the way I think is the best Glock, Glock ever made when set up for 15+1 9mm, it's been an unbelievably reliable, fast handling and crazy accurate pistol for its size. Just my 0/2
Good luck, Cheers

View attachment 595326View attachment 595325
That's a sweet pistol! What trigger is that and any idea on the weight of pull? I like my 48 but the factory trigger is not good.

Wondering if guys that installed trijicon had to hand fit the rear sight?
And thanks for the info on the fix it sticks for the front sight, I will be ordering it.

I definitely had to for the Sig 320, but I don't think I have ever installed them on a Glock. The fitting process usually isn't that bad and I am just a Youtube certified gunsmith lol.

If the Trijicon you are looking at is three dot I prefer dot over dot, dot over bar, or just a single dot. I bought the XS night sight for my Glock 23 but haven't mounted it yet. I did use a rear sight tool on my Hellcat which is notoriously tough to move. No delrin or brass punch would move that rear sight. The last sight I installed on another G23 only required a brass punch. But you need to be careful not to bust the tritium capsule in the rear sight.

This is the rear sight tool I got to move the Hellcat rear sight. There's a YT video showing how to make plastic shims to place around the slide. I highly suggest doing so. One danger of using rear sight pushers is damaging the dovetail if the sight isn't in straight. Which is why I didn't buy one for the last 30-40 years. But that Hellcat wouldn't budge, and I hit it waaaaaay harder than I would a tritium rear sight. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07X9K8KHF?tag=lrhmag19-20

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
That's a sweet pistol! What trigger is that and any idea on the weight of pull? I like my 48 but the factory trigger is not good.
Well, the trigger comes from "Ranger Proof Trigger" As to the pull weight, I haven't put it on a scale, it just feels right out of the starting blocks twice as light as the factory Glock that was in it. Hope that helps, Cheers

Recent Posts