GLFA 300 win mag

Impressive at a reasonable price it seems. Would you headspace reloads on the belt to ensure function or would it run well headspaced on the shoulder like I run my bolt 7mm mag?
ALL belted mags headspace off the belt! Shoulder bump is a different story.

Actually I can speak on recoil alittle. Someone should second this but it feels like recoil is a third less or so. I compare with an old winchester bolt. It's entirely perceived but I'll take it.

Actually I can speak on recoil alittle. Someone should second this but it feels like recoil is a third less or so. I compare with an old winchester bolt. It's entirely perceived but I'll take it.
What ammo were you using? And how did it feed and eject? I'm getting closer to buying 1 or 2. What I'll do is change 1 barrel to a 264wm, but wish there was more than 5 round mags. Still would be lots of fun!

Now if I had had the money to wildcat a 300wm to a 26, 27 or 28 I'd do it in a heart beat!

I wouldn't bother with the idea of wildcatting the .300 Win. Mag. at all. We already have the .264 Win. Mag. with plenty of case capacity for heavy or light bullets out of this firearm. The 7mm Rem. Mag. will support most of the bullets you can use in this rifle also. Plus you gain a tiny amount of room in the available magazines!;)

Explore and enjoy!

:)

I wouldn't bother with the idea of wildcatting the .300 Win. Mag. at all. We already have the .264 Win. Mag. with plenty of case capacity for heavy or light bullets out of this firearm. The 7mm Rem. Mag. will support most of the bullets you can use in this rifle also. Plus you gain a tiny amount of room in the available magazines!;)

Explore and enjoy!

:)
That's another thing, what's mag length gunna give ya in these mags?

Last edited:
The ad states 'custom' magazines without any dimensions.

I'm not complaining but I am pointing out a couple of observations from their ad:

The barrel is skinny using a 0.750 gas block. (probably fighting the weight of a heavier barrel).

Using a Hogue fixed rifle stock is simply a cheap way to make a price point. It needs a better stock.

As an aside:

https://onlylongrange.com/bad-news-338-lapua-magnum/

Noreen Firearms .338 Lapua

:eek:😊

The ad states 'custom' magazines without any dimensions.

I'm not complaining but I am pointing out a couple of observations from their ad:

The barrel is skinny using a 0.750 gas block. (probably fighting the weight of a heavier barrel).

Using a Hogue fixed rifle stock is simply a cheap way to make a price point. It needs a better stock.

As an aside:

https://onlylongrange.com/bad-news-338-lapua-magnum/

Noreen Firearms .338 Lapua

:eek:😊
.750"gb is acceptable to me, but a mod hbar w/.875" would be better in 30cal. Nothing wrong with a hogue! Just like most AR style weapons, it's easily changed to what the buyer wants/needs. Starts with a good entry price point that could easy add another grand or 2 (granted all other controls are AR compatible).

lol I said the same thing. Guys told me most people won't want to shoot more than 5 rounds. Because recoil and cost. I said well how far is 5 rounds gonna get me while in a helicopter shooting hogs. He looked me dead straight faced and said well that would be a lot in ammo and people wouldn't want to spend that. I laughed and said apparently you don't know how much it is to rent a helicopter for a day. The ammo would be the cheap parts. He stated "I never thought of that". Have a chuckle said I'll work on a mag with 10 rounds. So maybe this spring. I was more impressed with them offering a ar-10 in .243 with a 24" barrel. I've always wanted one but a 20" .243 didn't make much sense to me.
A 300 WM to shoot hogs out of a helicopter? Really?:rolleyes:
I kind of think you should have went with a Ma Deuce. 🤣
Each to their own I guess.