G7 BR2500 VS SIG KILO2400ABS

I have used the G7 in both the original and and second generation versions since there introduction about 7 years ago. I have also owned and used the Sig 2400 for 2 years, a couple of Leica's, and the original Terrapin(with a Kestral for ELR)for 5 years. All have been used for hunting, targets, and competition with hundreds of ranging/dope determinations. They are all capable of getting the job done in varying degrees. For my LR hunting(longest game shot 1188 yards), I prefer either version of the G7. IMO, it's immediately evident in the field that the feature set of the G7 was designed by LR hunters. The fingertip controls for filtering obstacles, and wind calculation, and most importantly, the reliable environmental sensors/ballistic outputs across a wide range of conditions delivers fast results with very high confidence. Battery life is 2-3x greater then the Sig 2400, and both G7's I have owned have proven to be 100% reliable with rough usage over extended periods of time, a claim that I can't make for all my RF's.

Just a few days ago in the foothills of the Bighorns. I had about 20 seconds to take a clean shot. Interfering sage, 4 other goats, 15-20 MPH wind, changing positions at 600 yards. Shoulder shot, DRT. G7 did its job well.....again.
66A90291-0935-4CDF-9A20-41D4BD69A5C4.jpeg

I have used the G7 in both the original and and second generation versions since there introduction about 7 years ago. I have also owned and used the Sig 2400 for 2 years, a couple of Leica's, and the original Terrapin(with a Kestral for ELR)for 5 years. All have been used for hunting, targets, and competition with hundreds of ranging/dope determinations. They are all capable of getting the job done in varying degrees. For my LR hunting(longest game shot 1188 yards), I prefer either version of the G7. IMO, it's immediately evident in the field that the feature set of the G7 was designed by LR hunters. The fingertip controls for filtering obstacles, and wind calculation, and most importantly, the reliable environmental sensors/ballistic outputs across a wide range of conditions delivers fast results with very high confidence. Battery life is 2-3x greater then the Sig 2400, and both G7's I have owned have proven to be 100% reliable with rough usage over extended periods of time, a claim that I can't make for all my RF's.

Just a few days ago in the foothills of the Bighorns. I had about 20 seconds to take a clean shot. Interfering sage, 4 other goats, 15-20 MPH wind, changing positions at 600 yards. Shoulder shot, DRT. G7 did its job well.....again.
View attachment 107159
nice goat and shot.....

View attachment 107159
So you prefer the G7 over the 2400?

I have a 2400 and was curious why you would choose the G7 over the 2400. I have had issues ranging in the fog. Was it the ballistic solution was wrong on the 2400?

I have a 2400 and was curious why you would choose the G7 over the 2400. I have had issues ranging in the fog. Was it the ballistic solution was wrong on the 2400?

Quite frankly, I really like the design and several features of the Sig 2400, and my experiences with the support team at Sig have been excellent. Some of the Sig 2400 features are, IMO, better then the G7(auto reticle, small size, advanced ELR ballistics). I have found that the ballistic outputs and ranging accuracy of the Sig 2400 and G7 the same out to my 1200 yard hunting max range. None of my rangefinders do well in heavy fog. My preference for the G7 for "hunting" boils down to two aspects. Reliability in the field and a preference for some of the operational features of the G7. While hunting, myself and others have had instances where the Sig will "lock up" either temporarily or permanently. I have also had some issues at the extremes of temperature. I have had my earlier Sig 2400 unit updated with the current software, and also used currently available units, but the issues persist, most recently, last week. I'm not sure that all the bugs have been worked out of the Sig 2400. Fortunately, I always carry my G7 as a primary or back-up RF on hunts.
I have never had an operational issue with the G7 in either version across a wide rage of harsh conditions over a seven year period. Additionally, I find that the speed of acquiring an accurate range in difficult ranging situations easier and faster with the G7. The slightly larger beam(which matches the reticle area) combined with the fast fingertip control of the near/far filters(Tru-targeting feature), IMO, delivers an accurate range more effectively then using either the scanning mode, or having to enter the mode file of the Sig 2400 to select the Best/Last filters. This is time consuming and requires a "very" steady rest at the longer ranges. While either RF will work fine with a majority of the ranging situations, it's the difficult ranging situations, that can many times make the difference with the taking of a good animal which has been the case for me in several instances over the years. I'm primarily a whitetail hunter. A skittish mature buck usually gives very little margin for error.
This buck was shot last year at 754 yards. He was about 50 yards deep in the brush off the edge of an alfalfa field. The G7's filters allowed me to quickly filter the fore and aft interferences to land a precise chest shot.
5D0B40A4-6C3E-4E9A-A199-B0916E08935F.jpeg

That's some good Info. Thanks for the long type. I have had the lock up happen as well. I removed the battery and it fixed it. It happened to me when I was syncing my profile.

I have been researching these two range finders for a future purchase (my next upgrade). Man I am gonna have to ignore this thread. My wife just got me a 2400 for my birthday. Leaving next week for an elk hunt and will be unimaginably PO'ed if it fails me, especially if in the heat of the moment!:mad:
Been playing with it the past couple of days, very nifty.:D

I took mine out today and it worked great at 958 and 1127. Elevation was spot on. My wind call was a 3/4 moa right at 1127.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.