For the Sake of all that is Sacred. what are we allowed to use in Ohio

In indiana you still can't use modern non straight walled bullet rifles on certain DNR properties.

Equipment on Public Land

Rifle cartridges for public lands (state and federal property) must meet the following requirements:

• Fire a bullet of .357-inch diameter or larger,
  • Have a minimum case length of 1.16 inches, and
  • Have a maximum case length of 1.8 inches
These cartridges are legal to use only during the deer firearms, youth, and reduction zones (after firearms season has started in zones where local ordinances allow the use of a firearm).

Some cartridges legal for deer hunting on public land include the .350 Legend, .357 Magnum, .38-.40 Winchester, .41 Magnum, .41 Special, .44 Magnum, .44 Special, .44-.40 Winchester, .45 Colt, .454 Casull, .458 SOCOM, .475 Linebaugh, .480 Ruger, .50 Action Express, .500 S&W, .460 Smith & Wesson, .450 Bushmaster, and .50 Beowulf. Full metal jacketed bullets are illegal.
======================================
The private land firearm requirements are COMPLETELY different which adds further confusion.

Equipment on Public Land

Rifle cartridges for public lands (state and federal property) must meet the following requirements:

• Fire a bullet of .357-inch diameter or larger,
  • Have a minimum case length of 1.16 inches, and
  • Have a maximum case length of 1.8 inches
These cartridges are legal to use only during the deer firearms, youth, and reduction zones (after firearms season has started in zones where local ordinances allow the use of a firearm).

Some cartridges legal for deer hunting on public land include the .350 Legend, .357 Magnum, .38-.40 Winchester, .41 Magnum, .41 Special, .44 Magnum, .44 Special, .44-.40 Winchester, .45 Colt, .454 Casull, .458 SOCOM, .475 Linebaugh, .480 Ruger, .50 Action Express, .500 S&W, .460 Smith & Wesson, .450 Bushmaster, and .50 Beowulf. Full metal jacketed bullets are illegal.
======================================
The private land firearm requirements are COMPLETELY different which adds further confusion.
Yes. On private land in Indiana you can use any rifle from a .243 to .50 cal w/ a 5 round magazine. But, ye shall be condemned staight to the firey depths of hell if ye bait the deer. No apples, corn, salt licks or mineral blocks. You'll get fined, have to remove the bait and the immediate dirt around the bait and not be allowed to hunt the area for 10 days. Happened to a guy I used to work with.

Yes. On private land in Indiana you can use any rifle from a .243 to .50 cal w/ a 5 round magazine. But, ye shall be condemned staight to the firey depths of hell if ye bait the deer. No apples, corn, salt licks or mineral blocks. You'll get fined, have to remove the bait and the immediate dirt around the bait and not be allowed to hunt the area for 10 days. Happened to a guy I used to work with.
OK, As you hunt over a cut corn field! 😂 Absurdity!

I think it would pay to research yourself. And if this is her first rifle. How much practice is she going to be doing before the hunt ? I would want her feeling comfortable with the firearm. Especially wanting to make sure the firearm is sound before the hunt. Don't just buy a gun and think you just go hunting. Is she hunting with a friend in a stand (blind) ? Or will they be dropping her off at a spot to hunt alone ? I would be wanting to know a few specifics before going. If going with a straight wall cartridge. I would possibly look at the 350 Legend as 338 dude suggested. But I think I would spend a few dollars more on a rifle. Maybe a upper tier Savage like the predator model, etc. Or look at the Ruger Americans. I have not heard good things about the Axis in the 350 Legend. But do your own research before buying. Possibly do a poll on here to get peoples opinions n what rifle to buy. In that specific caliber. Perhaps I am wrong about the Savage Axis in 350 legend. I was going off of internet gossip. And youtube videos. They have feeding issues from mag, from what I gathered. The good about the 350 Legend is ammo availability.
Savage did have a 350 Legend mag issue. They'll send you the revised mag for free if you call them. I bought one for cheap from a guy who didn't know about the mag issue. It's a superb rifle- the Hog Hunter model in 350 Legend. Cartridge has low recoil and flops deer at least to 250 yards.