First custom rifle - 7 PRC

patrickjr

Just got my first custom rifle back from the gunsmith and got my first few shots through it, couldn't be happier with everything so far. Wanted to show her off a bit for yall

Defiance AntiX LA
Bartlein CFW M24 1:8 22"
Manners LRH
TBAC Ultra 7 CB
Triggertech Special 2 Stage
Zeiss V4 6-24 ill.
30mm bubble rings by Ruff's Precision Manufacturing

Gun was built by Axisworks in Tempe, AZ. I dropped off all the parts for the rifle and they had it done in a little over 2 months. Axisworks was highly recommended by @lancetkenyon and other influence from Lance in sprinkled around

Put 10 shots through it on the first outing. Took the first two shots with the brake getting the scope lined up at 25, two more with the suppressor at 25. Then two 3 shot groups at 100. At 100 yards ELDM factory ammo was ~1.2" with shots #5, 6, 7. ELDX factory ammo was ~0.65" with shots 8, 9, 10 through the barrel. Wasn't the most ideal shooting setup but i'm excited to see what this rifle will do.

I have some ADG brass, 215Ms, and Berger 180 hybrids to try. Currently have H1000 most available so that will probably be the first I try but I'm open to suggestions for the next powder to try in case I need it

Didn't kill a deer this archery season so that means my Nov rifle hunt is a go and this rifle will be getting this nod

IMG_4145.jpg

IMG_4143.jpg
IMG_4153.jpg

IMG_4150.jpg

IMG_4160.jpg

Good to see that you saved $100 on not cerakoting the barrel🤦‍♂️
Otherwise perfect build. Axis Works builds hammers.
Hahahaha you're absolutely right, i did cut that corner on this one. Looking back it would've been slick to have it koted to match the can but still,$100 for cerakoting 3" of barrel length was where i drew the line haha

Beautiful gun, great component choices! What does it weigh?

Nice setup! Lance is a great resource during the build planning stage. What does it weigh?

I will grab a weight and let yall know. My initial guess is 7.5lbs bare rifle, 9.5lbs scoped, and 10.5lbs scoped and can

Recent Posts