First custom rifle - 7 PRC

Hahahaha you're absolutely right, i did cut that corner on this one. Looking back it would've been slick to have it koted to match the can but still,$100 for cerakoting 3" of barrel length was where i drew the line haha
I think it looks pretty slick without the CK...just curious, why would you CK a very fine lookin' carbon fiber barrel...not hatin', just askin".

I think it looks pretty slick without the CK...just curious, why would you CK a very fine lookin' carbon fiber barrel...not hatin', just askin".
I chose not to because the cerakote would only cover the small stainless ends of the barrel and the value isn't there in my eyes. It would only make the rifle match the can a little but the stainless doesn't bother me as it is.

When weighing the options of a steel barrel with flutes+cerakote or CFW as is, I decided CFW was the way I wanted to go since a steel barrel with all the flutes and cerakote is almost as expensive a CFW. So in my head, buying a carbon saved me from having to do anything else to it

I just finished developing a load this weekend with:

CCI250
H1000
Nodes: 67.5 (2850fps) and 68.3gr (2900fps)
.020 off the lands
Peterson brass
180gr Berger hybrid
1/2 moa w both loads
22" barrel

I hope that helps
I tried the Fed210M primer and CCI250 primer. Here is the chart for both groups. I did a 4 shot group with each load and used the average. From what I found, the CCI250 primers acted as an addition .2gr of H1000
Powder when comparing the speeds to the Fed210M primer data. The nodes were at 2850-ish and 2900-ish speeds. It's also where I got the best standard deviations. I have only run a few ladder tests so if I'm overlooking something, please let me know. All advice would be appreciated. I hope this helps with your load development as well.

Also, I want to point out that with the Fed210M primers, my first shot was usually a flier and the last 3 grouped well. I did not have this issue with the magnum primers.

Attachments

• IMG_4519.jpeg
    IMG_4519.jpeg
    331.3 KB · Views: 22
I tried the Fed210M primer and CCI250 primer. Here is the chart for both groups. I did a 4 shot group with each load and used the average. From what I found, the CCI250 primers acted as an addition .2gr of H1000
Powder when comparing the speeds to the Fed210M primer data. The nodes were at 2850-ish and 2900-ish speeds. It's also where I got the best standard deviations. I have only run a few ladder tests so if I'm overlooking something, please let me know. All advice would be appreciated. I hope this helps with your load development as well.

Also, I want to point out that with the Fed210M primers, my first shot was usually a flier and the last 3 grouped well. I did not have this issue with the magnum primers.
my shoulder hurts after reading this:p

Where did you buy the components?

FIRST CLASS
Action was from Pucker Factor Rifles (great sale)
Barrel came from Altus
Stock came from a gent on this site who frequently posts handfuls of Manners.
Trigger, Mag box, follower, spring and Bottom metal were Redhawk rifles
Scope was bought used from a local gent on coueswhitetail.com
Can was Silencershop

Appreciate it!

Sweet Iron there! Should be a shooter.

Question-Looks like you have the same Manfrotto tripod that I have. Where did you get the Arca adapter that attaches to the Manfrotto plate?

Thanks!

This is one of the things i recently got from Lance. Post #11 in the link below. Pretty sweet solution for $34.

There are lots of other Arca Clamps out there that should work the same as im showing it. But the one Linked above can also accept/clamp the manfrotto plate itself too, just has to be 90 degrees from how all of mine are set up

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.