Elk hunting and Bullet Technology

More opinions over facts. His opinions differ from mine, so I did not find much to agree with. To each there own.

His "minimal energy to harvest game" video hardly even touched the subject of energy on game except about 10 seconds out of 9+ minutes on his sole opinion. It was just talking about his personal experience on game performance of bullets. He claims the 7mm 175 SGK is a terrible game bullet.....and Bergers….and ELD-X.....

Last edited:
He claims to be a long range expert, but if you watch any of his videos you'll realize he doesnt have a clue what he's talking about. I laughed when he claimed in one of his videos the 175 nosler partition had a BC of over .7

He claims to be a long range expert, but if you watch any of his videos you'll realize he doesnt have a clue what he's talking about. I laughed when he claimed in one of his videos the 175 nosler partition had a BC of over .7
I figured out what he was doing there, you have to watch him he mixes some old school and new school, there he's stating the BC at his elevation without adjusting invirimentals, some older methods would do that and if you run his numbers they aren't horrible of but you have to use them in his context not modern ballistics. Confusing part is he has no clue that modern ballistic programs don't work that way so he compairs his numbers to current numbers it looks way off.
I tried like hell to explain it to him but he's so arrogant that nothing can change or get better beyond his knowledge.
I hope I don't age that poorly!!

And he like 37 others make " The worlds most accurate hunting rifles" How can everybody make the most accurate? THE is singular as in one!
I wish I had enough money to buy 5 or 6 of the worlds most accurate rifles same caliber and barrel length and test them side by side with the same lot of ammo!
5 out of the 6 are being deceptive!

And he like 37 others make " The worlds most accurate hunting rifles" How can everybody make the most accurate? THE is singular as in one!
I wish I had enough money to buy 5 or 6 of the worlds most accurate rifles same caliber and barrel length and test them side by side with the same lot of ammo!
5 out of the 6 are being deceptive!
well they aren't lying--it's called marketing--they can make ANY statement they like as long as it's still true--thing is, you never asked them the right question: "compared to what?"

advertising is just like politics -- you have to know the right question to ask as they never lie, they just never tell the "whole" truth either

well they aren't lying--it's called marketing--they can make ANY statement they like as long as it's still true--thing is, you never asked them the right question: "compared to what?"

advertising is just like politics -- you have to know the right question to ask as they never lie, they just never tell the "whole" truth either
They learned it from big brother, jeesh. :D
One would hope to see "one of the best" statements or in their links a lead to other good smiths they would recommend in the event they are to busy or don't have want to mess with particular task. That hasn't happened though.;)

Well after watching his self serving videos telling everybody how great he thinks he is.
I wouldn't give 37 cents for any rifle he ever made!
He is totally insecure. That's why he sounds like a brass band tooting his own horn!
His English is terrible! Irregardless???
Most dictionaries list it as nonstandard or incorrect usage, and recommend that "regardless" be used instead. Wikipedia

I figured out what he was doing there, you have to watch him he mixes some old school and new school, there he's stating the BC at his elevation without adjusting invirimentals, some older methods would do that and if you run his numbers they aren't horrible of but you have to use them in his context not modern ballistics. Confusing part is he has no clue that modern ballistic programs don't work that way so he compairs his numbers to current numbers it looks way off.
I tried like hell to explain it to him but he's so arrogant that nothing can change or get better beyond his knowledge.
I hope I don't age that poorly!!
At least he has the right pronunciation for the descriptions. We have a greatest in his own mine around here who described to me how he doesn't care about coal. He just uses the base to Ogive number. Problem is he pronounces it the same way it's spelled. Don't worry he's got his man bun working and he can shoot 1 1/2" groups with a 1/4 moa rifle all day. We have short range matches here shooting the numbers or symbols on playing cards at 100yds. The RO calls out the shot and the line shoots closest wins. We use a timer on the shot too for ties. You cannot imagine what I've heard for "reasons". I shoot it with a 10x mostly and he claims his 8-32 NSX has issues determining which card to shoot. Way too much mirage, working on the load (FGMM 175's were what he shot that day). These are the most recent ones I've heard.

Considering some "WORDS"...that are now in the dictionary...Irregardles...will soon ...be sharing space with Ain't...I don't pick on words as long as they are used in a somewhat correct manner....and are not part of the technical manual I am reading while trying to figure out exactly what the...."engineer"....was thinking when he designed the piece of equipment that has failed to work properly...and that I am one step away from addressing the perceived issue with the largest hammer I can find that will swing in the space available...

Considering some "WORDS"...that are now in the dictionary...Irregardles...will soon ...be sharing space with Ain't...I don't pick on words as long as they are used in a somewhat correct manner....and are not part of the technical manual I am reading while trying to figure out exactly what the...."engineer"....was thinking when he designed the piece of equipment that has failed to work properly...and that I am one step away from addressing the perceived issue with the largest hammer I can find that will swing in the space available...
Passing yourself off as an expert and then not having a clue how pronounce or describe what your talking about losses credibility among those that do have a clue. I'm in no way a grammar nazi. However if I'm selling a service/product I had better be able to pronounce the process or product correctly to a paying customer. In the customer base I've been working for for the last 24 years. They are going to know the answers to every question they ask me. I had better have the answers that are important correct.

Not going to argue about the person....agree totally....I occasionally get strapped to the front desk...I didn't run fast enough...and being one of the ...I think owner would be the term...I would have to ask wife and mother for confirmation...I know what you mean by being able to intelligently discuss services and options and possible solutions....far from an expert here..more like a clumsy practicing amateur...it could be possible that "Randy" might be better in person.................but I am not willing to find out......

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.