Do you shoot 17 WSM ?

So, how is the rifle working out, lamnick?
Haven't shot it yet. Waiting on some scope rings to come in, gonna make sure it groups and functions before I chop the barrel to 16" and thread it for my silencer.

It definitely seems like a cheaper gun than my cz 457. The cut outs on the stock are pretty raggedy on the inside and the trigger didn't amaze me when I tested it. But hopefully it's a shooter. Basically gonna be for coyotes within 100 yds.

just this morning....
2ffe73f4-6bcc-4d29-a953-87d1bed54447.jpeg

Finally got a scope on it and tested her out.
Trigger is awful, I had tried to reduce the pull all the way down and i guess it wasn't resetting. Gun would cycle and the trigger would not reset. Had to fiddle with it a bit to get it to reset on each shot. Grouped ok I guess, was mainly shooting for function testing. This was at right under 50 yards and I wasn't trying 100%, but it's acceptable for what I'm gonna use it for. Wish the trigger was better, Gun felt a little clunky cycling. Idk I honestly expected a bit more.
1000001606.jpg
1000001603.jpg

This might be a fix, quicker than sending the rifle back to Savage. They have free gunsmith advice for any questions. I have done business for many years with these folks. Trigger is adjustable, also. I would ask if it fits the A17.

Attachments

• l_758000016_1 Savage trigger.jpg
    l_758000016_1 Savage trigger.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 7
I have an older Model 60 and is a great rifle. It was my main meat gun for many years and it likes my favorite ammo, CCI Stingers. It shows no damage to the plastic buffer. A complete tear down for cleaning showed no damage but the rifle is used for hunting only.

Know what else? That rifle has never let me down nor jammed. Model 60 rifles are heavier than they look but that is because they are solidly built.

Recent Posts