Do you shoot 17 WSM ?

Says the guy with no RimX.......
The reason I have no RimX barrel is because the folks there were so honest they wouldn't make me one, reason being I sent them my groups with a stock CZ American 17 hornet, and they said they couldn't guarantee their barrel would do better. THX for your input.100 yards benched solid, two different ammo brands,Hornady left , American Eagle right. six shots each target.

Attachments

• 17hornet.jpeg
    17hornet.jpeg
    103.2 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
hornet to WSM is apples to oranges..... And RimX only sells actions. The barrel is up to you, not them..... I don't buy THAT story for a moment.
Don't buy it then,I won't lose any sleep,wsm is a failed venture. đź‘Ť That group was sent to Lilja also ,very honest company they said they probably couldn't produce a barrel the equivalent.Now if you want to spend close to 1k you might get a wsm to shoot.

1k seems reasonable considering the price cz Americans go for currently....

Right now the only 17 hornet trading under 1k is the savage 25.

Each spring the powers that be do a run of each, hasn't really been a rhym or reason to the flavors they put out. This year it was 20 grain 17 hornet and the most prevalent 17 wsm was 15 grain lead free. Even so the 17 wsm was almost exactly the same price for 50 as it was for 25 hornet.

Going to be interesting to see what happens when Vista becomes foreign owned, board seems bent on selling foreign for less just to keep a domestic buyer out. With only one loader for 17 wsm it's more precarious. Doubtful that hornady isn't at least heavily reliant on Vista owned companies for some components as well. But that's a concern for another day...

1k seems reasonable considering the price cz Americans go for currently....

Right now the only 17 hornet trading under 1k is the savage 25.

Each spring the powers that be do a run of each, hasn't really been a rhym or reason to the flavors they put out. This year it was 20 grain 17 hornet and the most prevalent 17 wsm was 15 grain lead free. Even so the 17 wsm was almost exactly the same price for 50 as it was for 25 hornet.

Going to be interesting to see what happens when Vista becomes foreign owned, board seems bent on selling foreign for less just to keep a domestic buyer out. With only one loader for 17 wsm it's more precarious. Doubtful that hornady isn't at least heavily reliant on Vista owned companies for some components as well. But that's a concern for another day...
The Savage actually isn't a bad hunting rifle, however CZ blows it away with the trigger, and accuracy.as for ammo i stocked up with 300,Hornady,300 American eagle,and 300 Winchester ,Hornady shoots the best but the other are good to 1/2 inch at 100 with a steady rest and little breeze, being a hunter only i'm ok for awhile.

The reason I have no RimX barrel is because the folks there were so honest they wouldn't make me one, reason being I sent them my groups with a stock CZ American 17 hornet, and they said they couldn't guarantee their barrel would do better. THX for your input.100 yards benched solid, two different ammo brands,Hornady left , American Eagle right. six shots each target.
This is laughable