Do you shoot 17 WSM ?

So, how is the rifle working out, lamnick?
Haven't shot it yet. Waiting on some scope rings to come in, gonna make sure it groups and functions before I chop the barrel to 16" and thread it for my silencer.

It definitely seems like a cheaper gun than my cz 457. The cut outs on the stock are pretty raggedy on the inside and the trigger didn't amaze me when I tested it. But hopefully it's a shooter. Basically gonna be for coyotes within 100 yds.

just this morning....
2ffe73f4-6bcc-4d29-a953-87d1bed54447.jpeg

Finally got a scope on it and tested her out.
Trigger is awful, I had tried to reduce the pull all the way down and i guess it wasn't resetting. Gun would cycle and the trigger would not reset. Had to fiddle with it a bit to get it to reset on each shot. Grouped ok I guess, was mainly shooting for function testing. This was at right under 50 yards and I wasn't trying 100%, but it's acceptable for what I'm gonna use it for. Wish the trigger was better, Gun felt a little clunky cycling. Idk I honestly expected a bit more.
1000001606.jpg
1000001603.jpg

This might be a fix, quicker than sending the rifle back to Savage. They have free gunsmith advice for any questions. I have done business for many years with these folks. Trigger is adjustable, also. I would ask if it fits the A17.

Attachments

• l_758000016_1 Savage trigger.jpg
    l_758000016_1 Savage trigger.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 3