Do you shoot 17 WSM ?

1k seems reasonable considering the price cz Americans go for currently....

Right now the only 17 hornet trading under 1k is the savage 25.

Each spring the powers that be do a run of each, hasn't really been a rhym or reason to the flavors they put out. This year it was 20 grain 17 hornet and the most prevalent 17 wsm was 15 grain lead free. Even so the 17 wsm was almost exactly the same price for 50 as it was for 25 hornet.

Going to be interesting to see what happens when Vista becomes foreign owned, board seems bent on selling foreign for less just to keep a domestic buyer out. With only one loader for 17 wsm it's more precarious. Doubtful that hornady isn't at least heavily reliant on Vista owned companies for some components as well. But that's a concern for another day...
Whamo slingshots with cat eye marbles will be the new NORM

My Savage bmag heavy barrel is a great shooter. Really surprising, considering it was less than 3 bills.

On a calm day it will average about 1/2" groups. It is a little picky about how you hold it.. really needs a better stock I think but as long as you're aware of it's quirks, it shoots good.

My Savage bmag heavy barrel is a great shooter. Really surprising, considering it was less than 3 bills.

On a calm day it will average about 1/2" groups. It is a little picky about how you hold it.. really needs a better stock I think but as long as you're aware of it's quirks, it shoots good.
Bed your black flimsy black stock like I did mine. I also added two 3/16" steel threaded rods to my forearm. Stock is rock solid now. I also centered the barrel in the end of the stock while I was at it and the barrel floats. It was a cheap and easy fix. I did this to save my light carry. My rifle has the pencil barrel, the first model of the BMAG .17 WSM.

Bed your black flimsy black stock like I did mine. I also added two 3/16" steel threaded rods to my forearm. Stock is rock solid now. I also centered the barrel in the end of the stock while I was at it and the barrel floats. It was a cheap and easy fix. I did this to save my light carry. My rifle has the pencil barrel, the first model of the BMAG .17 WSM.
Where did exactly did you add the threaded rods? I'm assuming lengthwise through the middle? If so, that's a great idea.

My a17 in .17 wsm came in today, just ordered some rings for it. My local academy has the 20 grn bullets for $20 a box so I grabbed 2. The gun store had 15 grn ones so I got one of those. Looking for the 25 grn bullets as this is gonna be my coyote gun.

I'm no reloading guy but would it be possible to take a .17 hmr round and pull the bullet and take a .17 wsm round and pull the bullet and re-seat the .17 hmr bullet into the .17 wsm round? They have a few different options such a hollow points and stuff in .17 hmr is why I ask