Discontinued: IMR Enduron powders.

Not really. It just won't apply unless you happen to have some. I've got plenty of loading Manuel's with discontinued powders and bullets in them 🤷🏼‍♂️

It definitely messes up a lot of guys' plans though.
Would you happen to have the time or know what Hercules 2400 could be used for ? Or what powder to compare it too ? I would like to see a chart with the burn rate. This would help. Any Load data would be greatly appreciated.

Looks like I need to make a trip there. Was this Cabelas in Hamburg by chance ?

Yes but it was a couple of weeks ago, so I'd call first if you don't live nearby. I live on Long Island and just happened to be passing by on a journey from Smith Mountain Lake, VA, back to NY. I was VERY surprised to see 3 jugs of H1000 to be sitting there. It looked like the shelves had just been stocked. I took a jug of H1000 but should have taken some H4350 just to have on hand.

Would you happen to have the time or know what Hercules 2400 could be used for ? Or what powder to compare it too ? I would like to see a chart with the burn rate. This would help. Any Load data would be greatly appreciated.

2400 is widely used in the 44mag. Here is a link to more burn rate charts than you need. LOL

99F3B482-B62F-49B9-837E-F33B01B557DF.jpeg

I have an unused can of Hercules 2400 still, actually. I used to use it for 357 mag loads.

Here's a link to other load data for it, but based on the current version:

Here's a burn rate chart. 2400 is number 54 on the chart. Here's my remaining tin of it too lol.

View attachment 392019View attachment 392018
Yes that is exactly what I have. And I'm new to reloading so I wasn't sure if I could compare it to the 2400 powders made by other manufacturers.
I see in my older loading manuals use for Herco or 2400. But I didn't want to take for granted these are the same powders. So I have been hesitant to use it.

Yes that is exactly what I have. And I'm new to reloading so I wasn't sure if I could compare it to the 2400 powders made by other manufacturers.
I see in my older loading manuals use for Herco or 2400. But I didn't want to take for granted these are the same powders. So I have been hesitant to use it.
You can always call or email Alliant and get their take on it, but you should be safe to start low and work up. They purposely keep even new versions as close to the same as possible for this reason if it varies too much, they'd call the new version something else. Don't expect to see exactly the same results, but starting low, you should be fine.

They say that the current demand and lack of supply isn't sustainable enough to justify the HUGE expense and process of building the facility, the cost and process of being compliant with EPA and other regulations, hiring competent workers, etc, etc.

I can understand that. It seems like a no brainer, but honestly it would be a massive undertaking and would take a ton of money for the initial investment. It might actually be a worthwhile investment, but it's s huge gamble.

Right now, all they have to do is buy, package, and resell. They don't have to mess with hundreds to thousands of employees, the operating costs of a factory, and all the extra BS that goes into owning and operating such s facility.

There's a reason the like 40 some powder facilities that DuPont owned and operated in the US all shut down and went away. The US government I'm sure makes it pretty much not feasible to open up a new facility. Same reasons why so much US manufacturing went overseas.
The main reason so much US manufacturing when overseas was cheap labor and weak safety and enviromental regulations.

I have an 8lb can of 8133 I used about a lb of it and wasn't impressed I'd be willing to trade for RL33 or large rifle magnum primers if anyone is in the NC area.

I have a good stash of imr 8133 I was trying to switch to n568 or so. I'm in Colorado if anyone wants to trade. I'm actually curious about the replacement powder the guy mentioned to me. I like the imr 8133 not in love with it. It's always been accurate and good sd.
Do you still have some 8133 I'm in Colorado too and interested if you want to sell some [email protected] thanks