Diligent Defense

A-Tip

Anyone using a DD Wolfhunter? I ordered mine awhile back and it should be done being made in the middle of August. I tried to get in on the fast wait times but was not expecting the actual creation of the can to take so long, im scared im gonna miss the short wait time.

Anyway, who has one and whats your experience with them? Im excited to get this one, the guys from TPH seem to love this can.

IMO the DD STi is slightly better than the Scythe. Compared on 24" 6.5c. Have videos posted over on Rokslide.

Also compared to Nomad LT. The nomad is slightly quieter but for the length and weight the Sti is pretty awesome.

The wolf hunter should be sweet.

Out of curiosity, what have you compared it too? A Scythe or Nomad by chance? They have intrigued me but I've not put one in jail yet.
I haven't compared it to a scythe although that is a can that really has my interest peaked. However I feel compared to my friends Nomad that for the money the Nomad doesn't out do it to justify the cost difference. The nomad is also more comparable to the DD LTi as its a bigger can. For its size I really feel the STi is hard to beat. Plus use what you save on the STi to get another can.

I just got all my new cans released from jail this week. LTI, STI, Wolfhunter and a scythe ti. I won't be home from work for another 10 days, but will provide some feedback. From all I've read on this group of supressors, the LTI will be the quietest, followed by scythe, the Wolfhunter and sti are the same can, minus the 6mm muzzle. So they would likely meter very closely on 6mm and 22cal centefire rifles.

I think you'll find the scythe and STi closer than you'd expect and the edge to the STi based on personal comparison. Also guessing wolf hunter with smaller hole and less powerful cartridge will be quieter than both and real close to LTi. But just my guess!

I think you'll find the scythe and STi closer than you'd expect and the edge to the STi based on personal comparison. Also guessing wolf hunter with smaller hole and less powerful cartridge will be quieter than both and real close to LTi. But just my guess!
You may be right, my only cans currently are gen1 ultra 7 and 9. If you go with a blank non brakes end cap on the scythe, it should be better than the DD 6.25" cans, as the extra volume of the larger diameter scythe should equate to better suppression. Regardless I'm super excited to have more short and lightweight cans to use. My ultra7 saw 90% of the duty as I don't like long cans on long barrels. All my newer tubes from last year are all 18-22" length to have less impact on supressor choice. I'll be using the new 18" 6cm and 20" 6prc to kill everything this fall, and they'll likely be wearing the scythe and wolf hunter.

Let us know how they all compare. Especially to the tbac cans. If I'm not mistaken the sti/wolfhunter measured 6.8" when I got it. Why it may sound better. The scythe with a flat cap is almost 1" less. Scythe is king for sure when it comes to length.

Let us know how they all compare. Especially to the tbac cans. If I'm not mistaken the sti/wolfhunter measured 6.8" when I got it. Why it may sound better. The scythe with a flat cap is almost 1" less. Scythe is king for sure when it comes to length.
You're correct, the sti/Wolfhunter are 6.75 not 6.25"