Defiance classic issue

I agree with your entire post. Only thing I might add is that fps - speed is barrel dependent and there are plenty of 28 and 30" barrels used to get speeds pasted.
But he's using a 26". I can run 2900+ with a 28" 6BR using lapua, alpha no way. I've tried it. It's not the case head, it's the web. They are so hard it won't expand and grip the chamber, causes bolt thrust and over headspaces and causes lift. Alpha does better in dasher since side wall is a lil longer, and the gt and creed cases all work well. Lapua is the best for a br variant.

Is there a burr around your ejector plunger? Is there stiff bolt lift associated with this? Might have missed it in your posts.

Case growth doesn't seem outrageous, but maybe a bit excessive. Does a fired case allow the bolt to close easily in the chamber? Have you tried reducing your load and jamming the bullet so as to keep the case head against the bolt face when fire forming?

I PM'd you with my nearly identical experience also with a defiance action. It came faulty with a substantial burr around the plunger ejector hole. Cost me a bunch of time, components and headache to finally figure it out. The bolt was eventually fixed by defiance free of charge, but that doesn't address the wasted time and components…

But he's using a 26". I can run 2900+ with a 28" 6BR using lapua, alpha no way. I've tried it. It's not the case head, it's the web. They are so hard it won't expand and grip the chamber, causes bolt thrust and over headspaces and causes lift. Alpha does better in dasher since side wall is a lil longer, and the gt and creed cases all work well. Lapua is the best for a br variant.
Funny, i said the same thing on a FB post and was laughed at!

Strip the bolt and put a baggie over the bolt face or have your finger on the plunger to stop it flying across the room. Knock the ejector plunger retaining pin out. Run a q-tip head in and out going around the edge of the plunger hole. If it snags or you can feel it pull you have your answer. Just a light hit with a tapered round file will knock the bur off and put a slight radius on the very edge.

You could also use a cleaning pic to feel the edge. I have a whole set of dental pics I use for detail work . Very handy in a firearm tool kit. You could push your finger tip in tye plunger hole and rotate. If it comes out bleeding you have your answer. LoL

Strip the bolt and put a baggie over the bolt face or have your finger on the plunger to stop it flying across the room. Knock the ejector plunger retaining pin out. Run a q-tip head in and out going around the edge of the plunger hole. If it snags or you can feel it pull you have your answer. Just a light hit with a tapered round file will knock the bur off and put a slight radius on the very edge.

You could also use a cleaning pic to feel the edge. I have a whole set of dental pics I use for detail work . Very handy in a firearm tool kit. You could push your finger tip in tye plunger hole and rotate. If it comes out bleeding you have your answer. LoL

I'll let defiance work on it. I paid for a product, they have a warranty for a reason. If there was a burr or something I don't have the capability to fix it anyway. So they will take care of it.