Current production 22 revolver’s

There's nothing wrong with them, but they're not on par with an FA. The fit and finish of a single six isn't comparable to an FA. FA's are more accurate. The lockup is incredibly tight. You don't get much tougher than a solid stainless frame designed for 454 Casull. Reliability is more or less equal between the two. Aside from misfires die to bad ammo neither has ever given me problems. You have more options in barrel length, frame size, and sights with a FA. If you want to use a scope you just unscrew the rear sight and screw a mount in the same holes. 22 mag cylinders are available from FA.

Of course, all that comes at a cost. A used FA runs around $2000, and a new one runs about $3000.
Wouldn't sell a Ruger Single-action, short on any quality standards. John Linebaugh used Ruger Single-actions in most of his conversions. Good enough for that Guy, they're tuff to beat.

I was never a Taurus fan. But I must admit the TX 22 is a keeper. At least for me.
As far as a used 22 revolver. If you run across a New England Firearms R92 9 shot don't hesitate to buy it. For a inexpensive gun it has impressed me.

Last edited:
Wouldn't sell a Ruger Single-action, short on any quality standards. John Linebaugh used Ruger Single-actions in most of his conversions. Good enough for that Guy, they're tuff to beat.

Ruger's guns are nice, just not on par with Freedom Arms'. It's like a Honda vs an Acura. The Honda's a fine car and is more than adequate for most people. The Acura's just all around nicer.

Dick Casull and Wayne Baker designed the Model 83 for the 454 Casull. At the time modified single action armys were the only option for 454 Casull.

Recent Posts