Central Air Just went out

Had a new $10k Trane system put in August 2021.
It slowly got warmer to hotter. Now it is 82 degrees inside with outside 92+ degrees.
System is BROKE!
Had friends over for the 4th and they all left to go to another house with AIR.
Going to call the Air Conditioning Company and also TRANE come Monday after this weekend.
Not good installation or Product. Been calling them for two years now and they keep telling us that it is a two-stage system with two stage DC Fans to save on electricity. Yes, you save on electricity because it doesn't work!!!!

It slowly got warmer to hotter. Now it is 82 degrees inside with outside 92+ degrees.
System is BROKE!
Going to call the Air Conditioning Company and also TRANE come Monday after this weekend.
Not good installation or Product. Been calling them for two years now and they keep telling us that it is a two-stage system with two stage DC Fans to save on electricity. Yes, you save on electricity because it doesn't work!!!!
That's 10 degrees cooler inside than out-- at least it's not the other way around 😉

System is BROKE!
Hmm sorry to hear that. Our Goodwin heat pump (2006 era) cools the house to our setting of 74 degrees when it's over 100 degrees here. And the Trane is supposed to be better.

Hmm sorry to hear that. Our Goodwin heat pump (2006 era) cools the house to our setting of 74 degrees when it's over 100 degrees here. And the Trane is supposed to be better.
Just spoke with the company that installed and they are coming out to look at the system. I told them that my old system worked muck better. They said correct. The newer systems are not as good as the older system because of the way the government and their GREEN agenda made manufactures change the Freon and the way the system is built.
Waiting for a service technician to come over and test our system again. $89.00 service charge and then Labor charge and parts not covered under the 10 year warranty.
The government and the GREEN Agenda is also changing Dishwashers and clothes Washers. They say now you have to wash you dishes twice because one was doesn't do it.
NEED THE GOVERMENT TO STAY OUT OF MANUFACTURING!!!

Just spoke with the company that installed and they are coming out to look at the system. I told them that my old system worked muck better. They said correct. The newer systems are not as good as the older system because of the way the government and their GREEN agenda made manufactures change the Freon and the way the system is built.
Waiting for a service technician to come over and test our system again. $89.00 service charge and then Labor charge and parts not covered under the 10 year warranty.
The government and the GREEN Agenda is also changing Dishwashers and clothes Washers. They say now you have to wash you dishes twice because one was doesn't do it.
Hmm ok. My hvac tech said the new systems are more efficient so I dunno. Hopefully they'll get you up and running well today.

I have 13 rental properties in Arizona. I can tell you the number one issue when AC goes out is a bad run capacitor. That said, I put in a new compressor about every other year. If AC goes out in one of my properties and my AC guy can't repair it that day, I put my customers up in a hotel if the inside air temp is 82 or hotter.

My CO place is at 8750; no need for AC here! The lows at night this week are going to be 45-49 - I just open the window in the bedroom. That said, I do own 3 properties in Crestone and the woman who runs them just put in a window AC unit.

System is BROKE!
Sorry to hear about that, yesterday was definitely hot.
I didn’t dare go inside to the a/c or I would’ve stayed in.

Absolutely.👍 I totally agree

Hmm ok. My hvac tech said the new systems are more efficient so I dunno. Hopefully they'll get you up and running well today.
xsn10s
You are correct about the newer systems being more efficient.
We just had a AC Tech come over to check out our system. I asked him about the older systems being better and he said the one thing about older systems is that they ran R-22 Feron which is better than the 410A that runs now. The new system we have is a two-stage unit. It runs the first stage (LOW) for a long time that save electricity and when it needs more "Cold or Hot" the second stage (High) kicks in.
He said that if these units ran R-22 they would be much more efficient with Colder and Hotter air.
He also said that the EPA is making Air-condition /Heat Pump Manufacturing Companies to start using a different Feron the 410A next year.

He checked out our system and it was about 1 lb low on 410A which can make all the difference between the system switching from Low to High.
He said the when the system was put in it was very hot out and the tech charging it probably didn't check the system in the High load and it was off 1 LB. OR we can have a LEAK, but since we always had this issue it was most likely not charged properly when installed. We still got charged $89.00 for a Service visit.
I said that we should not be charged a service if the System was not Properly CHARGED with 410A. He said take it up with the management, but it will be hard to say that it was not properly charged and maybe we have a leak.
Hopefully this works. If we do have a leak the warranty will only cover the parts and then us paying about $1K for labor & Freon.

I have 13 rental properties in Arizona. I can tell you the number one issue when AC goes out is a bad run capacitor. That said, I put in a new compressor about every other year. If AC goes out in one of my properties and my AC guy can't repair it that day, I put my customers up in a hotel if the inside air temp is 82 or hotter.

My CO place is at 8750; no need for AC here! The lows at night this week are going to be 45-49 - I just open the window in the bedroom. That said, I do own 3 properties in Crestone and the woman who runs them just put in a window AC unit.
I guess I just jinxed myself; our office manager told me today that one of our AC units went out and she can't get hold of our AC tech. 113 today in Phoenix!!