Browning booger

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231202_113032_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231202_113032_Chrome.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 26
My 6.8W stalker has AICS cut in the action that is currently working with this rotary magazine?

Are you making a statement or asking a question about your X-Bolt?

Again, why did you do so little research on the X-Bolt before you bought it?

Nope, sold or traded every 6.8 X-Bolt I have had.

According to the reviews of the Target Max and Max Light the diameter of the action is "full size" and it has four 8-40 screws and a retainer pin for the 20 MOA rail.

The MDT chassis is available in Europe, I have seen where members of European forums have purchased the MDT chassis for use with their X-Bolt rifles that originally came with the factory rotary.

I'd be lying if I said for a fact that it would work, but I don't see Browning modifying the action of the standard X-Bolt for use in one version of their European lineup.

When you say loose the bolt lock feature, what happens to the bolt after you put the timney in? It starts working like a 700?
Yes, with the Timney trigger installed, you have safe and fire two position safety like before, but when on safe, the bolt is not locked like in factory condition. The bolt release button on the bolt becomes inert.

If I could choose, I'd prefer to retain the bolt lock system, but I like the Timney trigger over the factory trigger enough that I'm okay making that compromise.

Funny how we all have our own tastes.

I actually like the flush fitting mag on a bolt action rifle and the X-bolt rotary magazine works great for me even when feeding rounds that aren't exactly known for smooth feeding like the short fat steep shouldered ones.

Funny how we all have our own tastes.

I actually like the flush fitting mag on a bolt action rifle and the X-bolt rotary magazine works great for me even when feeding rounds that aren't exactly known for smooth feeding like the short fat steep shouldered ones.
I blame the infantry. I like being able to see a longer magazine clearly hanging out of the belly so I know it's there :)

Looks like it, it says it retains the 3 position safety and bolt lock function.

Edit: that is the current offering, it does not utilize the button on the bolt handle. My understanding is the new version will utilize the bolt lock button.
Darryle I emailed Jard and they stated that the model that is in the link does have the bolt lock feature incorporated into it. I also believe the trigger shoe on the newer model has less of a curve than the model without the bolt lock.
Hope that helps.