Brake question

Lots of good advice already posted…
I agree, don't put a brake on it!
Practice with.22LR, maybe consider moving up to .223 or similar, then .243.
Trigger time helps. Even dry firing the .243 a bunch can help you identify flinching.

My 9yr old son is shooting a cva scout 243.. hes alil recoil shy... id like to curb that issue for him so hopefully he doesnt pick up any bad shooting habits at a young age.... the gun is already treaded for a brake... i have a 30cal brake laying around... will there be any issue using that on the 243? Or should i get a different size
it would work fine. 243 kicks a little, that's why imo a 6.5 Grendel or 6 ARC(its really a 6mm Grendel) are better choices as a kids first deer rifle. Unless you can use a 223, but that's not legal in many states. But a 22 is always best to learn on for punching paper.

All my rifles are shot using brakes. But to conserve $, and since the largest caliber that I routinely shoot is a .338, I bought a couple of brakes for .338 and then use them on all the lesser calibers. Yes, it is a little less efficient, but I don't really notice it at all.

For the people recommending a recoil pad, remember that he is 9 and adding a recoil pad adds LOP.

I got my son started with center fire with a highly adjustable XLR chassis. I could get the LOP very short. I also added a bunch of weight to the chassis and a brake. It worked out great no issues with recoil.

I'll also say it again but the noise directly behind the rifle isn't bad. It's being off to the side that is much worse.

"I started my two sons shooting .22 LR at age 5. At 9, they were shooting 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser"
So we agree it was a progression that took place from one caliber to the next?

i have a 15 1/2# 243win w/brake that kicks more than my pre64 sporter 264wm. noise shouldn't be a difference if he's using muffs/plugs and if using plugs add muffs. that only takes care of the noise, but then there's concussion. if using a brake, use a linear to move noise forward. have him push forward on the support hand to have less felt recoil.

"I started my two sons shooting .22 LR at age 5. At 9, they were shooting 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser"
So we agree it was a progression that took place from one caliber to the next?
Yes, but at 9, they were no longer shooting BBs. Many assume that @Chromeslayer started his son with a .243 Win.
That was my first thought. At 9, I was still shooting a BB gun. It should be a natural progression from one caliber to the next for good shooting habits to be carried over and up, but that's just my 2 cents worth.

My 9yr old son is shooting a cva scout 243.. hes alil recoil shy... id like to curb that issue for him so hopefully he doesnt pick up any bad shooting habits at a young age.... the gun is already treaded for a brake... i have a 30cal brake laying around... will there be any issue using that on the 243? Or should i get a different size
I know you only asked about the muzzle brake issue, but you are getting a lot of recommendations for a suppressor; maybe you can start a GOFUNDME. L🤣L!