Brake question

I remember when I was 14 my dad bought me a new Ruger M77 tang safety rifle in 7mm mag with a Leupold 2-7 for elk hunting along with 2 boxes of ammo. We went to the range later that day to sight it in, I shot 14 rounds of Winchester 150 grain bullets before I was done, the recoil was painful. I hunted with that rifle but did not like shooting it at targets, in the heat of the moment it never bothered me.

Over the years my primary hunting rifle was/is a Remington Custom Shop AWR chambered in 375 H&H. I've shot that rifle a lot and it wasn't until the last few years that shooting it off the bench started to bother me. it's lightweight and the barrel profile I believe is to small for a brake.

I own several suppressors now and prefer the recoil reduction of a good brake, concussion behind the rifle doesn't bother me and that's using APA's little bastards, I also use electronic plugs while hunting. A few years ago I decided I wanted to get my old 7mm mag out of the safe, it was just as I remembered it, hard recoil pad and painful to shoot. Compared to my 28 Nosler or even my 338 NMI it's a brute to shoot.

Just recently I ordered one of the new TBAC Magnus S RR that are supposed to be very good at recoil reduction so we'll see how that goes. Truth be told I really only bought it so I don't have to listen to people whine when I'm at the range and they're next to me, LOL

My 9yr old son is shooting a cva scout 243.. hes alil recoil shy... id like to curb that issue for him so hopefully he doesnt pick up any bad shooting habits at a young age.... the gun is already treaded for a brake... i have a 30cal brake laying around... will there be any issue using that on the 243? Or should i get a different size
I cannot answer your question. 338LM only rifle I have with brake.

I reload light loads and weight for those that might be skittish. When they are comfortable, I increase slightly so bad habits don't need to visit.
A lot of range time, snap cap dry firing at home to learn squeeze and trigger break over point.
You are probably already doing these. Desert walks while carrying the empty rifle.

My oldest and I still walk deserts and mountain. Tracking critters and carrying a rifle. Next week hopefully we will go to Yuma Proving Grounds.