Boy cries WOlF.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm posting this because after reading a previous post I'm wondering in the heat of the moment and depending on how long or short you may..... or may not have (a few seconds or more, and/or in a few nanoseconds) could you tell what you see here in a few seconds?

Be honest too, what's on the ground? Anything in the photo that seems odd?

Most of the time you might only get a quick second or two....... maybe a little more depending on the Timber or whatever small openings there are at the time until your quarry runs off.

So what is it?

View attachment 163579
Looks like a Alaskan Malamute.

Long range come on up to MT Non resident wolf tags are $50 with a max purchase limit of 5.
Thanks MS! I appreciate the offer, but I have my own backyard to keep me busy. We're allowed 5 Tags per year too! Since I live on 40 acres surrounded by the National Forest I can hunt year around 365 days a year for wolves on my property...... They got educated long ago, even the Coyotes. It's not like it used to be, with less Elk/Deer makes finding wolves even harder. I used to just follow the Elk around and wait it out for the wolves to appear.....

I know a guy put in a cedar post at 300 yards from his house...and doused it with scent....he has taken many wolves....none for sport....
I will have that one a try! I know someone who lives in Maine and puts bait out on the frozen lake, and has a Guardline mounted to a post that alerts him when something is there.... He's an Old guy like myself only a lot older.... He just slides the window open with his 22-250 in his hand and don't think he ever misses! He used to be a Bush Pilot in Alaska, keeps him sharp during the long Winter months.

Being from Texas and never hunted outside this state I wouldn't know a wolf if it bite me on my —- what I do know is what people I know that have hunted up there everyone tells the same thing that the guides tell them how much damage wolves have done to the elk

Looks like a Alaskan Malamute.
Good God.... What is it with you people thinking that first pic looked like a domesticated Dog?

This is why I posted this thread after reading another post about someone saying a guy shot two Shepherds? Did he really or did that get floated around for the wrong reasons?

There is a clear difference, and maybe that's how the wrong info gets pushed around the internet..... Call it bunk, BS or Fake News, but you might like to rethink what your saying..... That's how posts get rebranded and end up working against hunting in general, especially Wolf Hunting! That's just ammunition for the Anti-hunting community to voice their opinion how stupid hunters are! "We can't tell the difference between a Coyote or a Wolf from a Domesticated Dog!".... And Boom, no more hunting Wolves, or Coyotes for that reason!

This is where hunter education comes into play..... You know, is it a Black Bear or a Grizzly Bear? Here in Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, and Canada it's important to know the difference!

Where is the curl of the tail now? They say a picture is worth a 1,000 words, and how I wondered two dogs belly up got started as a hunter that killed two Shepherds in the first place?

Clearly this is not a Alaskan Malamute! Right?
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_fd9.jpg

Being from Texas and never hunted outside this state I wouldn't know a wolf if it bite me on my —- what I do know is what people I know that have hunted up there everyone tells the same thing that the guides tell them how much damage wolves have done to the elk
This is the Gods honest truth: Years ago Alaskan guides saw what was happening to the Moose population due to the Wolves, but here's a little insight to that one in particular.... Hunting Moose was the big draw to come up and hunt Moose in Alaska, it was part of their bread and butter, they wouldn't tell potential clients hunting Moose isn't what is used to be when that could mean a hunter or group of hunters walk away with their money.

This is what hit Idaho, Montana and Wyoming the hardest in the Rocky Mountain States. Years ago it used to be a Combination Elk/Deer license in MT was fairly hard to get drawn. Now, they can't give them away, certainly not at $905.00 to hunt on Public Lands anymore for an Elk. I will say I know Montana still has great Whitetail hunting in more then a few places if that's what you're after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts