Bipods for hunting

You are going to get a pile of subjective opinions. There is also a thread in progress along these lines. If you do a search, you can find lots of info.

My subjective opinion is : Atlas for the most part, but I am considering a Hatch Outwest for next season. Good luck on your quest.

I agree it's all subjective. Bipods aren't always the best option either. Be open to shooting sticks or tripods. I have Harris bipods mounted on my heavier rifles. But on lighter walking sticks I practice shooting with shooting sticks and my backpack used as a rear rest. I also shoot off my pack as a front rest too.

I agree it's all subjective. Bipods aren't always the best option either. Be open to shooting sticks or tripods. I have Harris bipods mounted on my heavier rifles. But on lighter walking sticks I practice shooting with shooting sticks and my backpack used as a rear rest. I also shoot off my pack as a front rest too.
I've hunted for years without bipods because they weigh so much. I've used hiking sticks crossed many times, tree branches etc. I'm just looking to see if anything new is on the market that is lighter and sturdier. I have some bipods but they are too heavy to lug around the woods for a week elk hunting.

I use a Atlas its 10 OZ with a QD,so its in belt pouch 90%.Goes on my pay rail.But if im doing hunt with spotter I have my light 1#,tripod, goes to 27'' I think, with rail adapter.Or might have fro antelope if there is quite a bit of taller sage.I also use my pack under my bipod if I need more height.There was a 5x6 below barrel on this day,I passed
IMG_0088.JPG

Have you looked at the spartan bipod. Sure not going to try and convince anyone that I think they are as sturdy as an atlas but they are another option. Good luck

+1 for the Spartan if weight is a concern, not as stable as a Harris style but definitely better than not having one. I use an extra set of legs all threaded together so as to use it in a sitting position.

I can't shoot as well off a bipod. I gave up and just shoot off a backpack. If really long I carry a short set of sticks for the front and backpack for the rear. As solid as bags on the bench.