Bipod for 300wm hunting rifle

unclefish

What's my choice for a good Bipod for my 300wm I have a Bell Carlson Alaskan 2 stock. With a single sling stud . This is my rifle for out west elk mule deer hunting.
Do I need to be concerned about the height??
And I don't mind spending a little extra if its a ultra light and easily adjustable.
Anything else that I should be concerned about????
Thanks for help

I have a Coldwell XLA 6-9" Bipod Pivot Model for my Winchester 30-06 (wooden stock with a single sling post). It hooks on to the sling stud and had an additional place to put your sling on the bipod. I have used it hunting and target shooting with out problems. The only thing I have problems with is that when I take it off the sling has to be adjusted because the post on the rifle and on the bipod are different lengths.
When last I looked the Caldwell bipod was just about the same as the Harris version but a little cheaper. There are a lot of different options out there and it can be tough to choose but one thing I recommend it to get a bipod with the pivot option if you plan on shooting off of some rest that is not level.

What's my choice for a good Bipod for my 300wm I have a Bell Carlson Alaskan 2 stock. With a single sling stud . This is my rifle for out west elk mule deer hunting.
Do I need to be concerned about the height??
And I don't mind spending a little extra if its a ultra light and easily adjustable.
Anything else that I should be concerned about????
Thanks for help

I just bought a new bipod by from some folks called Modular Evolution.

Evolution Bipod

It's new, and I haven't abused it much yet, but the design is really really nice. Solid, but the carbon fiber legs shave a bit of weight. The legs are interchangeable, so I can change the height from low prone to kneeling in a few seconds. Legs swing in a full 180 degree arc, so I can carry with the bipod legs forward or backward. Seems very well made.

I will post a full review after I've had a chance to use it more.

I just bought a new bipod by from some folks called Modular Evolution.

Evolution Bipod

It's new, and I haven't abused it much yet, but the design is really really nice. Solid, but the carbon fiber legs shave a bit of weight. The legs are interchangeable, so I can change the height from low prone to kneeling in a few seconds. Legs swing in a full 180 degree arc, so I can carry with the bipod legs forward or backward. Seems very well made.

I will post a full review after I've had a chance to use it more.

Thanks it does look pretty cool.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.