Best suppressor you have shot on a 30 cal?

I have direct thread and I notice when doing range work I need to retighten every so often (4-6 shots) as it does start to loosen ever so slightly. I put witness lines so I can tell visually. My intended use is primarily for hunting so this why I did direct thread to keep weight and length to a minimum.

If that's the case you're not tightening your can enough, I've never had a DT can come loose that was properly tightened even shooting matches.

Agreed. If you tighten them adequately they will not come loose during shooting or hunting. Trust me, you aren't strong enough to damage your can or your barrel by hand tightening your suppressor.

In regards to the OPs ask, volume is the key to suppression. The larger the volume of the can, the better the suppression. If weight doesn't matter at all, then you will want the biggest suppressor you can get. One with a replaceable end cap that you can match with the caliber of the round is even better.

If that's the case you're not tightening your can enough, I've never had a DT can come loose that was properly tightened even shooting matches.
I hand tighten mine as much as my “Popeye” arms will allow, but it will loosen up during a firing sequence. Can you explain how it is suppose to be done? Maybe I am not employing the correct technique.

I’ve cranked on it by hand as hard as I possibly can (and I’ve not a weak dude). Should I tighten with tools???
If it's coming loose then yes, you'll see most DT fittings are machined for a wrench. If yours isn't then get a strap wrench, it shouldn't take much torque at all to tighten properly.
It's amazing how much a wrench (torqued lightly) improves smugness over wrenching on it with your hand.

If it's coming loose then yes, you'll see most DT fittings are machined for a wrench. If yours isn't then get a strap wrench, it shouldn't take much torque at all to tighten properly.
It's amazing how much a wrench (torqued lightly) improves smugness over wrenching on it with your hand.
Will do as the AB Raptor is machine for using a wrench. I was worried if I went with anything more than all-I-can-do-handtight that I’d risk it getting locked on esp once I get some carbon fouling but I’ll give it a go.

Not much love for the Banish?
I like mine now that I fixed it out of the box. The baffles were inserted wrong at the factory which caused them to bind badly in the tube. This caused one of the baffles to rattle in the tube and also made the titanium tube out of round which caused binding of the titanium extension. Once I hammered the baffles out, luckily, everything popped back into position. Silencer Central just wanted me to send it back, but never sent the shipping label they promised, so I got a rubber hammer and a 1/2 dowel and fixed it myself.

The ordering system they have (ship to your door) works pretty well, but easily adds a extra months time to receiving your suppressor.

Check out Silencer Central's ratings at the Better Business Bureau. They have a 1.65 star rating out of 5. And have had 21 complaints in the last 12 months.

OnX has this, so was wondering as it seemed like a good deal.

From now until July 18, 2024, we've teamed up with Silencer Central to waive the $200 tax stamp fee with the purchase of any suppressor over $849

OnX has this, so was wondering as it seemed like a good deal.

From now until July 18, 2024, we've teamed up with Silencer Central to waive the $200 tax stamp fee with the purchase of any suppressor over $849
That is a good deal. They do a fine job of scheduling calls to complete your paperwork etc to submit to ATF. Mailing some of the paperwork back and forth though can be time consuming. For example. they have to physically mail you a fingerprint card and you have to physically mail it back. If you are clear across country, the time starts adding up. I suggest not getting the form 4 trust, just get the suppressor for your personal use only. Not getting the trust can easily shave 2 or 3 months off of the suppressors time in jail. Once the ATF approves the sale, Silencer central has to mail a certified letter to your local sheriff for approval to mail the suppressor. They then have to wait 7 days for the sheriff's reply. The sheriff usually doesn't reply, so that process can take easily over a week. Then they cannot mail the suppressor directly to you. They have to mail it to a FFL in your state, who then mails it to you. You can see how all of this can cause delays.
They do have some good suppressors though and at a good price. Just depends on how quickly you need it.

Silencer Central's post sale support though seems to be a bit iffy.

I will add another vote for the Sico Omega 300. I use the can on my 223 gas guns, my 257Rob, my 6.5G and 6.5C.

I also use it on my 270Win, 7mmRM and my 308 gas gun. The tone and sound suppression is pretty darn good.

If you are a veteran, Sico will lower the price $200 with a legible copy of your DD214. That's the tax stamp at least. There are so many good cans on the market that it will become an problem in no time.

Best of luck OP, I hope whichever can you decide on. I have been hearing about 25 day stamp approvals lately.

I forgot to add that I use Sico's ASR mounts on all of my rifles and have no POI change after the can is removed, fired on a different firearm and then returned to the original weapon. I know this is nothing special but I just wanted to let the OP know that the ASR mounts work for me, my son uses a much more expensive mount system but I can't remember what the system is called or whyo makes it.

Last edited:
@bfarms
A while back I bought a YHM Resonator ‘R2’ .30 cal can (QD) and I’m VERY pleased with it. I’ve run it on everything threaded 5/8x24 from 5.56 to 6.5 Grendel, 6.5 Creed and .300 Blk Out. Check it out…

Same thing, but just a little shorter…