Best suppressor you have shot on a 30 cal?

Silencerco Omega. I have a Saker 30 cal and Saker 223 cal, Omega 300 and a Hybrid 45.

There is decibels and there is tone. I like the tone on the Omega, and it’s very effective at sound reduction.

The hybrid 45 is also very good. Could be a great can with a 30 cal endcap. Have not tried that yet.

The only can I’m disappointed with is the Saker 223. I think it’s built like a tank for abusive full auto fire, so I like that, but I give it an 8/10 overall.

Omega -10/10
Saker 30 cal - 9/10
Hybrid 45 - 9/10
Saker 223 - 8/10

I have a couple pistol cans, but they don’t factor into this equation unless you are talking about 300 blk subs.

Last edited:
Look at a 338 can. They have a huge volume.
Fantastic advice.

Just bought an Omega 36 M for a 300 win mag. (It’s in jail for a while). I have very high hopes for this can. It could eclipse the 300 Omega because of the volume.

I have Hybrid 45 that I really want to try with a 30 cal endcap. I bet it’s a great can.

Last edited:
Be Quiet Heidi Klum GIF by America's Got Talent

I use this technique and it quiets my WSM right down.

Seriously, I have a TBAC 7 and it works pretty well. They have a 9” version that I’m sure it’s quieter but I don’t know as I only own one…lame.

I’ve been in love with my Rex Silentium ModX. I got lazy when I brought it over to my 300WM and didn’t go back to the 10” configuration, and kept it at 7”, was so surprisingly quiet that 3 other buddies have just gone MG7 from the get go. I’ll be going MG7 for my .264 can now for sure

TBAC 338 Ultra

I have the Ultra 7, Hyperion, Silencerco Hybrid, and a few others. The 338 Ultra is by far the quietest. That said, it is a behemoth of a can and the others are a better fit for their purpose. If you truly don't care about the size and weight, you won't be disappointed.

I’ve been in love with my Rex Silentium ModX. I got lazy when I brought it over to my 300WM and didn’t go back to the 10” configuration, and kept it at 7”, was so surprisingly quiet that 3 other buddies have just gone MG7 from the get go. I’ll be going MG7 for my .264 can now for sure
I wanted to support small businesses/ made in Montana products, so I went with Eliteiron (x2) in .30 cal, and Rex Silentium in .33 cal. I, too, am expressed with my Rex Silentium MG10 on my .338 Thor.

You can't go wrong with an AB Raptor. I use a 8 baffle with a 3" reflex mount. I would have a 5" reflex mount but they didn't offer it when I got the can. The reflex mount gives a noticeable reduction in felt recoil compared to shooting it as a direct thread. If you don't mind the extra length, go with a 10 baffle and it will be quieter.