Best piece of reloading of equipment u have

Forster co-ax press, Annealeez and my FX120i with auto dump and powder trickler, and now after reading these posts guess I'll be ordering the Synclair mandrels

Forster co-ax press, Annealeez and my FX120i with auto dump and powder trickler, and now after reading these posts guess I'll be ordering the Synclair mandrels
Get the Sinclair die body, but get the 21st century TiN mandrels, just as slick as the carbide Sinclairs, but you can get a turning & seating mandrel for less than 1 carbide Sinclair. I have both makes. Hell I don't even use lube on the carbide or TiN and my runout is 0-2 thou on brand new sized case necks. Once fire formed, I get 1-2 thou at the bullet ogive.

I've been reloading both rifle and pistol rounds for more than 45 years, can't even come close to telling you guys how many tools I've tried and how much I've invested. A lot of equipment that I've tried and given or traded away would be a long list. Still, I have 2 RCBS Rock Chuckers; a Dillon XL 650 (for pistol, 5.56/.223) mounted on the bench. I have to agree, The RCBS Rock Chuckers win the top spot. But I have to add another tool to the "best piece of reloading equipment list". My winner is, my RCBS 10-10 Scale, I favor it when doing my best powder charges. I've got 2 of them (RCBS no longer offers the 10-10) and 2 electronic scales, RCBS ChargeMaster, and a Lyman.

THanks Remmy for starting this thread and the one showing reloading rooms and thanks all that have contributed. This is perfect timing for me as I just finished remodeling our home and am now in the process of puting my reloading room back together.
I have been loading for a couple years now and have the basics but still learning tons!
Can't wait for the post on your "process" and every one else's.

Us dedicated reloaders that have been reloading for a good many years have been through some equipment, or atleast I have. Things that work, things that don't and if u are like me u have wasted plenty of money experimenting finding that perfect process. If u look at all the equipment u currently have or have had what is the best piece of equipment that has really improved the quality and accuracy of your reloads? Pay attention new guys that are starting out maybe u can save yourself some money!
Great question. Those that are new to reloading won't understand what letters mean. If you're trying to help newcomers explain.

I've just recently had that sick feeling you get when you think you've wasted money and every time you use it there's no confidence. That's how I feel about buying a Hornady lock and load press. Way to many moving parts with the bushings. I really need a simple press I can feel good about, any recommendations?
This was recently discussed in another thread (that's how I found it):
https://ultimatereloader.com/2019/04/08/fourteen-reloading-presses-compared-single-stage-shootout/
Some of the presses reviewed may fit your needs better than his conclusion, I found the education on the topic pretty helpful.

This was recently discussed in another thread (that's how I found it):
https://ultimatereloader.com/2019/04/08/fourteen-reloading-presses-compared-single-stage-shootout/
Some of the presses reviewed may fit your needs better than his conclusion, I found the education on the topic pretty helpful.

I just bought the RCBS summit because of that video. Have a LNL hornady and made some good ammo, but couldn't figure out why my shoulder consistency wasn't great. The lnl ranked worst in 2 key areas. It will be used for depriming and straight wall cases.
Should add that I really don't like RCBS products, but the tests confirm they make good presses.

Last edited:
I just bought the RCBS summit because of that video. Have a LNL hornady and made some good ammo, but couldn't figure out why my shoulder consistency wasn't great. The lnl ranked worst in 2 key areas. It will be used for depriming and straight wall cases.
Should add that I really don't like RCBS products, but the tests confirm they make good presses.
When you get the Summit up an running let us know how you like it . I found it to be an interesting press. I used to have Hornady presses but they break to often but Hornady always stood behind their warranty. I use Redding Turret press now.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts