"Best" one piece shooting rest,,,

sakofan

Lokking to replace my old rest w/ a new one.
I did look at the old post to no avail.
I need, a one piece, rest, for shooting .30 cal mag. rifles LR.
Makes, models, whatever...
I have looked at some good and some, not so good.
Iam willing to pay premium dollars....for the right one...sakofan...
wink.gif

I think the problem with most of the one piece rests, like the ones I think you're thinking about come right down to how stable they are. Most of them I have seen wobble considerably at the joint that they pivot on for elevation adjustment. One like Darryl Cassel uses is about the best I've seen for a one piece unit. The table he has is top notch too. The only thing else I'd incorperate into the rest would be a fine adjustment for windage. A bottom plate setting on another plate with a rear side adjustment screw is all it would take. Good luck.

Just an FYI..
.. My VersaRest will be available here in the not-too-distant future.. It's a one-piece that can also be adapted to a tripod for field use.. Here's a coulpa pics of the prototype.. The top is wind adjustable and the post holder will accomodate most any available top with a 3/4" post.. JiNC
VersaSako2Jr.jpg

VersaPod_angle3_Klug.jpg

..Thanks DC.. This seems to be a neat little system so far.. My biggest trouble has been trying to find a place to make them in small quantities at a decent price.. I may just end up making them all myself per someone's requirements if it didn't get outta hand.. I really dislike production work.. The one in the pic was made for light varmint rifles.. I like the idea of using the same rest for load development and field use.. I still wanna try out one of the Ultimate Tripods and/or one of those chain-drive benches you yankees are using..
wink.gif
grin.gif

Jake

Yep, it looks real good.

I just have to get down there and shoot with you or you come up here. Your rifles look like some of what I have for the Light gun class at 16 1/2 Lb. Especially that one with the MBR stock.

Will give you a demonstration of the chain drive system when we get together and you can try it out.

It's the best I have ever used.

Take care.

Later
DC
smile.gif

Jake,
Put me on your list ( if you have one ) as one interested in one of your rests. Please give details when available.
Thanks,
Wayne

Hey Jake that truck in the picture was that painted with sumac leaves? It looks like one I saw in a 4 wheel drive mag.

.. Hey Texas.. I don't know what they're really called.. They came from an ornamental bush I call a "switch bush".. 'Cause it's the kindof bush that made the switches Grandma was so fond of..
grin.gif
If I had it to do over there'd be a lot more green in the base-coats.. JiNC

Another Pic

Jake,

I like the versatility yours offers with the front legs and all, not to mention the outstanding thought and quality that's went into the design and materials on it! I'm still way interested in one when you get 'em ready too.
wink.gif

Jake,

The bushes I had to cut my switches from were called Willows.

When the Beavers finally moved into my section of the river, I was the happiest kid for miles.

Tim

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.