Bear protection handguns?

I love Jerry Miculek. Wouldn't it be fun to see how he would do on a steep brushy hillside, with full pack, dog tired, marginal light, no start timer.
I think Jerry would do better than most but don't forget about the "pucker" factor. Life on the line from an attack makes people react very differently than in a normalish scenario.

After watching thru Bino's, the Reaction of a 15 year old, 450 pound, Cinnamon phase, Blackie that was Hit with, a .30-06, 165 gr Partition
@ 2,900 FPS at, 110 Yds, thru the Lungs and BREAKING the Off shoulder, the Bear STILL Ran,. 25 - 30 Yards and took, a few seconds, to Die !
So just, SAY,. NO,.. to Body Shots, on Grizzlies,.. with, a Pistol

Last edited:
And there PROBABLY aren't, more than, THREE Pistolero's, On the Planet, that can Hit,. a Charging Grizzly, In the HEAD with, a Pistol !
But, a Good, 10 MM Glock, IS still, way better than, a Rock or, knife If, your, Bow Hunting, in Griz country !
PS; I stay, WAY the Heck, AWAY from THAT, North / East, "Side" of, Idaho !
As,.. I AIN'T One of, the THREE,. Pistolero's that could Hit, the Mouth / Nose area of, a Bouncing / charging Bear.
The Kill Zone on, a Bears,. Head is,. real,.. SMALL !
I think your a little light on that number, our rangemasters hit golf balls 10 shots in a row starting at 25, to 50 yards ,rolling.

Maybe, just maybe, if I could get that bear to balance one of them there golf balls on his nose as he charges…..I could hit em! 😉😂 memtb
Most talking here have never even seen a bear, much less need a handgun for one, I've had 3 grizzly encounters in 12 years,shot several blacks as well as a kodiak, so I think i'm ahead of many, a skilled calm shooter can kill a charging one with a handgun or a shotgun.The last encounter was Pole Bridge when this grizzly came in like a freight train to a predator call, when I was calling wolves /coyotes, I was in a treestand 12 feet up ,had he came up the tree/ladder , either the 270/or Glock with Buffalo hardcast would have sealed his fate.Having worked with the US Marshals Violent Fugitive Task Force , bears don't scare me.Two legged predators 10 times worse.

Attachments

• cg.jpeg
    cg.jpeg
    241.9 KB · Views: 14
Most talking here have never even seen a bear, much less need a handgun for one, I've had 3 grizzly encounters in 12 years,shot several blacks as well as a kodiak, so I think i'm ahead of many, a skilled calm shooter can kill a charging one with a handgun or a shotgun.The last encounter was Pole Bridge when this grizzly came in like a freight train to a predator call, when I was calling wolves /coyotes, I was in a treestand 12 feet up ,had he came up the tree/ladder , either the 270/or Glock with Buffalo hardcast would have sealed his fate.Having worked with the US Marshals Violent Fugitive Task Force , bears don't scare me.Two legged predators 10 times worse.
Agreed. Bears aren't predictable but the human killer is a much worse adversary. Been in LE for almost 40 years and this I also know. The ONLY good thing about biped predators is, there soooo much easier to anchor. Zero will to survive by comparison.

Agreed. Bears aren't predictable but the human killer is a much worse adversary. Been in LE for almost 40 years and this I also know. The ONLY good thing about biped predators is, there soooo much easier to anchor. Zero will to survive by comparison.
Twenty six for me and counting,very true to a point, however the Marshals goes after the absolute most vicious ones you could ever imagine, I've seen them fight against all odds including use of deadly force, the Marshals always get their man/woman in most instances.