Bear Problems

Airedale,
I have a lawn rat for you to catch. He was eating my tomatoes last night. Looks like a good size buck. Maybe the 5x5 I saw in front a couple weeks ago. He jumped fence by the mailbox. Didn't eat any peppers. 😁
20241007_101449.jpg
20241007_101408.jpg
20241007_101428.jpg

Airedale,
I have a lawn rat for you to catch. He was eating my tomatoes last night. Looks like a good size buck. Maybe the 5x5 I saw in front a couple weeks ago. He jumped fence by the mailbox. Didn't eat any peppers. 😁View attachment 607629View attachment 607631View attachment 607630

That'll require a pretty large " Have-a- Heart" trap! A blow gun with a good dart is quiet and effective if properly placed. Placement should be easy……you're a member of LRH! 😂😜 memtb

That'll require a pretty large " Have-a- Heart" trap! A blow gun with a good dart is quiet and effective if properly placed. Placement should be easy……you're a member of LRH! 😂😜 memtb
I sprayed deer detterant. Smell like dog pee. Works pretty good. Haven't had to use so far until now. Last year a deer jumped fence into garden. Ate flowing buds and ends of tomato plants. It was the only time then.

Bears down here are a pita. Tearing up feeders. Thing is they are protected so killing them is off limits. LA is having a lottery hunt for the first time but you would prob have a better chance of winning the powerball. Typically the bears stay in the delta but their numbers have grown and now they are out of the delta in the hills. Meet Reggie. Reggie DGAF lol.
IMG_8876.jpeg
IMG_8237.jpeg

Last edited:
NPR: bears are afraid of humans and will not attack a human.

Bears:
View attachment 606903
I think NPR should do a week long live show from Monteghue Island in Alaska. That's where all the "criminal" bears go when the bears become problematic in Alaska. That way, live interviews could be had by NPR and get the "truth" straight from the bears out there. RIP, NPR.

Tomato I found on ground the other morning. The buck ate half of 4 green tomatoes and nipped off ends of limbs. Guess he didn't like red tomatoes. 😉

I uess I didn't send this but adding to it now. I just caught him hauling butt out of yard.
Sorry. Not a bear story.
😆
20241009_105030~2.jpg
20241009_120926~2.jpg